Are you looking for a high-quality budget board? Then you must have come across the two most popular options!
The WowGo 3 and Meepo V3 Electric Skateboards are both excellent choices because they come with numerous advanced features that are hard to find in other electric skateboards in the same price category.
But which e-board among the two is the better alternative? Read on to find more about the qualities of the WowGo and Meepo electric skateboards.
Why are budget electric skateboards getting so popular in the market?
Electric skateboards have always been popular in the market. However, recent trends show that more people are seriously considering budget options. There are 2 simple reasons behind this trend.
There is tough competition in the market, and the technology is getting cheaper.
When electric skateboards were introduced, there were only a few players in the market and they could dictate the price. Natural laws of supply and demand dictate that prices will increase in the case of increased demand.
However, seeing the popularity of electric skateboards, a lot of new manufacturers entered the market and it naturally gave users the option to go for a cheaper alternative.
For the longest time, opting out for a cheaper e-board meant that you’ll be dealing with sub-par components and have to face terrible customer services.
Most cheap options did not have the backing of any known brand, so people generally preferred to spend more money or use DIY electric skateboard kits.
Things have significantly changed with time as the technology behind electric skateboards became more accessible. Brands also started to come up with budget options that have improved the market.
Today there are numerous other brands like WowGo and Meepo that deliver excellent budget electric skateboards while ensuring the same level of customer service as any top-tier model.
Common Qualities of WowGo3 and Meepo V3
Before we start the comparison, let’s take a look at the common qualities of the WowGo 3 and Meepo V3 e-boards. Since both options have the same target market, they’ll obviously have some common qualities that are essential for their market segment.
1. Low Price
The first consideration for any budget buyer would be the price of the electric skateboard. The prices of both WowGo 3 and Meepo V3 are quite similar. You can find both of these electric skateboards near the $500 mark, which is impressive given their qualities and other features.
2. Sturdy Design
Both WowGo 3 and Meepo V3 use different materials on their decks. However, they are both sturdy and able to sustain excessive loads. The WowGo 3 electric skateboard uses a bamboo-fiberglass combination, which gives it the required durability and ensures that the rider experiences minimum vibrations.
On the other hand, the Meepo V3 has a Canadian Maple deck, which is equally durable. This combination will not help with absorbing vibrations, but all the other characteristics are similar to the WowGo 3 electric skateboard.
3. Lightweight and maneuverable
Another excellent feature that’s common in both electric skateboards is their maneuverability. Both WowGo 3 and Meepo V3 are lightweight and simple to control. Even beginners who have never used an electric skateboard before can ride them comfortably and accurately.
Portability is another common feature of both options. The WowGo 3 weighs only 17 lbs, and the Meepo V3 weighs 16 lbs. You can easily carry both electric skateboards with you and they can even be used with a large bag.
4. Decent Range
Expecting budget options like the WowGo 3 and Meepo V3 to break speed or range records is unrealistic. However, you must ensure that the battery and the motors of your choice are enough to cover your intended use.
Both electric skateboards have similar ranges, which are enough for a short trip to your work or the park. The WowGo 3 gives you the option of upgrading to a more powerful battery at the time of purchase. So, you’ll find it has a relatively better overall range.
5. Water resistance
Both electric skateboards come with functional protective features that ensure reliable and long-lasting performance under different conditions. The WowGo 33 and Meepo V3 have adequate waterproofing, which allows you to go through a puddle or use the electric skateboard on a rainy day.
MeepoV3 vs WowGo 3: Which one wins?
Now that we have discussed the common qualities of the WowGo 3 and the Meepo board. Let’s take a look at their capabilities and see which one is the better alternative for you.
WowGo 3 Electric Skateboard Review
The WowGo electric skateboard is a popular budget choice in the market because of its powerful features and value for money. The manufacturers pay special attention to ensuring a smooth ride, which is often considered the primary reason behind its popularity.
Some key features of the WowGo 3 electric skateboard are as follows:
As stated before, the deck of WowGo 3 electric skateboard features a reinforced Bamboo-Fiberglass mixture. The material combination gives unmatched flexibility to the skateboard and allows it to sustain excess weights without taking any damage.
The material combination WowGo uses also has a high strength-to-weight ratio, which means that the electric skateboard remains portable enough for the users. The material also contributes towards ensuring a smooth riding experience for the users by absorbing all the vibrations from bumps on the road.
Perhaps the biggest selling point of WowGo 3 electric skateboard is its smooth riding experience. The focus of this skateboard is to provide a comfortable experience by damping vibrations and by absorbing shocks from road imperfections.
WowGo 3’s deck and wheels are made with the ideal balance needed to give users maximum stability during the ride. Furthermore, the incorporated braking system is optimized for quick and safe stops to avoid any accidents, giving users an experience that’s on par with any expensive models available in the market today.
Excellent Top Speed
Considering the price range, WowGo 3 manages to provide a satisfactory top speed that is capable of delivering an exhilarating experience. Its powerful motor and ingenious design allow the longboard to achieve a top speed of 25 mph.
Battery and Range
The skateboard comes with two state-of-the-art Samsung battery options, 6Ah and 8Ah, that help it deliver a consistent performance throughout its use. With the 8Ah battery, users can reach an impressive range of 20 miles tops!
The excellent WowGo electric skateboards are known for their high-quality components. Coming integrated with a powerful motor and 90mm wheels with a 78A rating, the longboard lets users enjoy smooth acceleration and safe deceleration. Its braking systems are made much more effective with the firm grip provided by the wheels.
It even comes with diverse speed modes, including a turbo mood for a truly exhilarating ride, allowing users the freedom to choose the acceleration level they are most comfortable with.
To top it all off, WowGo 3 comes with a sophisticated remote to give users maximum control right in the palm of their hands. Its elegant and wireless design makes it comfortable and easy to hold. Most of all, the remote even has a small screen that can clearly show all essential information such as battery and distance in a glance.
Pros and Cons of the WowGo 3 electric skateboard
- Powerful motor and other features
- Most comfortable rides for the users
- Reasonable price
- Excellent customer service
- International 180-day warranty
- Fast shipping
- Max range is only 20 miles
- Batteries take a lot of time to recharge
Meepo V3 Electric Skateboard Review
The Meepo V3 electric skateboard, also known as the meepo board is an excellent alternative that comes with powerful capabilities. The electric skateboard gives excellent value for money and suits both beginners and experienced users.
Some of the excellent features of the meepo board are:
The Meepo V3 features 2 powerful 540 W motors that allow it to achieve excellent top speeds and easily navigate tricky areas. The electric skateboard has three regular modes along with a Pro mode which allows you to enjoy excellent acceleration and get the best overall performance from your electric skateboard.
Low Charging Time
The Meepo V3 can charge its battery to 100% in 2 hours only. The low charging time gives this electric skateboard the versatility you need and makes it a suitable option for your regular commute.
300 lbs Weight Limit
Budget options seldom come with the capability to handle heavier users. The Meepo V3 is among the few budget option in the market that can handle excessive loads without compromising on the overall weight of the device.
Excellent Top Speed
Top speed is an important parameter for users who need an electric skateboard for leisure activities. The meepo board can easily reach the speed of 28 mph, which is higher than most alternatives in its price category.
Another surprising feature of the meepo board is its regenerative braking. As the skateboard is from the budget category, it comes with a normal battery. Therefore, a regenerative braking feature, which allows the skateboard to charge its batteries while going downhill can have a significant impact on the overall range.
Pros and cons of the Meepo V3 electric skateboard
- Elegant and attractive design
- Powerful dual motors
- Top speed of 28 mph
- Regenerative brakingInternational warranty and unmatched customer service
- Can sustain excessive loads
- Charging time of only 2 hours
- Regular modes are severely underpowered
- The battery could have been better
- Low range
Both WowGo 3 and Meepo V3 are excellent additions to the budget market as they provide several features you won’t even find in top-tier models. If you want a durable and reliable electric skateboard that you can use for a long time, both alternatives can be a viable option.
However, we at SturdyWheel believe that the WowGo 3 is a better alternative when compared with the Meepo board. The main reason behind our preference is the overall comfortable riding experience that the WowGo delivers.
Budget skateboards are not supposed to break any speed records or feature the most powerful battery. Any user looking for a budget board will prefer something that delivers the best experience while ensuring reliability at all times.
The Meepo V3 does not shine in this regard. Rather, it focuses more on delivering speed and power at the expense of its range. You’ll also hear many people complaining about the regular speed modes of the Meepo feeling underpowered.
On the other hand, WowGo 3 electric skateboard shines in the comfort department. The ESC ensures a comfortable acceleration/deceleration in all modes and the board also has a decent overall range.
The top speed of WowGo is a little lower, but a regular user won’t mind that. Most people use an electric skateboard in an urban environment with a lot of stops and turns. This means that it’s harder to reach the top speed or maintain it for a very long time.
The manufacturers of WowGo 3 realized that and built the product accordingly. This electric skateboard has an average top speed. However, its riding experience is extremely comfortable and is even better than some top-tier models.
More Recommended Ebikes
Check out these other ebikes I've reviewed:
- Urban Arrow Ebike – Last year, I made one of the largest purchases I’ve ever made – I bought a $9,000 electric cargo bike from Urban Arrow. In my Urban Arrow review, I will discuss what it is and why I decided to buy this bike, as well as discuss how impactful a bike like this can be on your journey to financial independence.
- Troxus Explorer Step-Thru Ebike – The Troxus Explorer Step-Thru is a fat-tire ebike that I’ve had the pleasure of riding for a while now. It has amazing power, great looks, and awesome range. If you’re looking for a great fat-tire ebike that offers a lot for the price, the Troxus Explorer Step-Thru is definitely one for you to consider. Check out my Troxus Explorer Step-Thru Review.
- Hovsco HovBeta Ebike – The HovBeta is a folding ebike with great specs and a lot of interesting features, and importantly, it’s sold at a good price point. I’ve had a blast commuting with it and using it to do deliveries with DoorDash, Uber Eats, and Grubhub. Check out my Hovsco HovBeta Ebike Review.
- Vanpowers Manidae Ebike – The Vanpowers Manidae is a fat tire ebike that I’ve been riding as my primary winter commuting bike and have also been using it to do food delivery with apps like DoorDash, Uber Eats, and Grubhub. After clocking in a decent number of miles with this ebike, I wanted to write a post sharing what my experience with the Vanpowers Manidae ebike has been like. Check out my Vanpowers Manidae Review.
- Sohamo S3 Step-Thru Folding EBike Review – A Great Value Folding Ebike – The Sohamo S3 Step-Thru Folding Ebike is an entry-level folding ebike that offers a lot of value for the price point. I’ve been riding the Sohamo S3 for a while now, putting the bike through its paces, and I have to say, this bike has exceeded all of my expectations. Check out my Sohamo Review.
- KBO Flip Ebike – The KBO Flip is an excellent bike. I’ve had a great time riding it and think it’s a versatile bike that can be used for a lot of purposes and can fit a variety of lifestyles. It’s worked out great for me as a general commuter bike and as a food delivery bike. Check out my KBO Flip Review.
- Hiboy P7 Commuter Ebike – The Hiboy P7 is an excellent electric commuter bike that’s offered at an affordable price point. The range and speed of this bike are both very good, so you won’t have any trouble getting anywhere you need to go with it. As a food delivery vehicle, this is also good – with how much range it offers, you’ll be able to work all day on a single charge. Check out my Hiboy P7 Commuter Electric Bike Review.
- Himiway Escape Ebike – The Himiway Escape is an interesting bike for anyone looking for a moped-style ebike. If you’re a gig economy worker, the Himiway Escape is particularly interesting and it’s possible to think of it as an investment, especially if you can opt to do deliveries with the Himiway versus using a car. It’s not cheap, but you can definitely make your money back when you compare the mileage you’ll put on your car versus using an ebike. Check out my Himiway Escape Bike Review.
- Espin Sport Ebike – The Espin Sport is a good ebike for someone who is looking for an ebike that feels and rides more like a regular bike. There are many ebikes that are really only bikes in name. In reality, they’re basically electric mopeds. The Espin Sport, by contrast, is a bike you could probably ride without the battery and you’d feel like you’re just riding a regular bike. Check out my Espin Sport Review.
More Recommended Scooters
Check out these other scooters I've reviewed:
- Varla Eagle One Scooter – The Varla Eagle One is an excellent scooter that can make sense for a lot of people. It can work as a primary mode of transportation. You can use it to work on gig economy apps like DoorDash, Uber Eats, and Grubhub. And it can also be a recreational vehicle if you’d prefer to use it for that. Check out my Varla Eagle One Review.
- Varla Falcon Scooter – The Varla Falcon is an excellent scooter that offers a good amount of power at a lower price point compared to more powerful scooters. It’s not exactly an entry-level scooter, nor is it a high-powered scooter. I think it fits somewhere in-between those two categories – an intermediate scooter if I had to give it a category. Check out my Varla Falcon Review.
- Hiboy S2 Scooter – The Hiboy S2 is an excellent entry-level commuter scooter that's perfect for someone looking to save some money in transportation costs and improve their commute. Check out my Hiboy S2 Review.
- Hiboy S2R Scooter – The Hiboy S2R is one of the more interesting electric scooters I’ve been able to test out. It’s not a high-powered scooter, but for an everyday transport option, it’s very useful, especially given some of the unique features that it has. Indeed, for the price, the Hiboy S2R might be the best value scooter I’ve used. Check out my Hiboy S2R Review.
- GoTrax G5 Scooter – The GoTrax G5 Electric Scooter is a new commuter scooter from GoTrax that I’ve been riding for a while now. It’s a scooter that’s well-built, has a good top speed, and offers a lot of great features. And with a price point in the $500 range, it’s a scooter that offers a lot of value for the money too. Check out my GoTrax G5 Review.
- Sisigad Arrow Max Scooter – When it comes to scooters, you sometimes just need a solid, well-built, decently fast scooter to get you around. The Sisigad Arrow Max is an entry-level scooter that does exactly that. I’ve been riding it around a bunch lately – and so far – I find it to be a fun, affordable scooter that works well for commuting and getting around the city. Check out my Sisigad Arrow Max Review.
- Fucare H3 Scooter – The Fucare H3 is a fun scooter and I’ve enjoyed testing it out. For a daily commuter or quick trips or errands, the Fucare H3 is probably the scooter I’ll use. It’s portable and easy to maneuver, so it’s just easier to take on the road when I need it. Check out my Fucare H3 Scooter Review.