Most people believe that quality items require you to break the bank. I too have observed this rule to be true.
However, there are numerous exceptions in the market that violate this general rule. Most people believe that the WowGo 3 electric skateboard is one of them and delivers a performance on par with top-tier models.
Is this true? Read on to find our thoughts on this popular electric skateboard for people on a budget.
Things to Look for in a Budget Electric Skateboard
Before we start discussing the features and qualities of the WowGo 3 electric skateboard. Let’s discuss some qualities you should consider.
You won’t find separate sections for top speed or range, because most budget options will not be breaking any records in these categories. Models like the WowGo 3 tend to be balanced and deliver an overall pleasant experience.
We believe that the following properties are crucial for any electric longboard in the budget category.
The first consideration for you should be durability. You must ensure that the electric longboard you select is suitable for your intended use. The electric skateboard should also be able to sustain your overall weight.
Another important thing you should check is the protection level of the motor and other electronic components. Electric longboards have their motors and other components at the bottom and they need protection from environmental factors like water, dust, and impact.
Reliability is a crucial consideration for any electric skateboard, but it becomes more important when you are shopping on a budget. The market is full of cheap options that use sub-par components and have inferior build quality.
Such options naturally attract people as they offer all the functions of a top-tier model at a very reasonable price. However, you should be careful while buying such products as they tend to stop working after a few days.
As a buyer, you should always be smart during the purchasing process. Spending a few extra dollars on a model with a few specs but enhanced reliability is better than wasting your money on an unreliable product that only lasts a few days.
Another crucial consideration is the overall comfort you experience in the ride. How quickly your skateboard accelerates or decelerates has a direct impact on your comfort. On top of that, you should also make sure that your choice is stable and has maneuverability.
Overall Performance and Aesthetics
As stated above, any budget electric longboard will not be breaking speed records or come with other high-end features you have seen in the expensive models. However, their capabilities should be in-line with the industry average.
One more important consideration for you is aesthetics. The product you select should have an appealing design and an attractive color scheme. If that’s not the case, you won’t be able to enjoy your selection to the fullest extent.
Finally, the last consideration for any budget option is its price. Contrary to popular belief, you should not simply buy the cheapest option available. Instead, look at the capabilities of each electric skateboard and decide based on the value you are getting for the price.
Main Features of the WowGo 3 Electric Skateboard
The WowGo 3 electric longboard is an exceptional product that delivers excellent performance capabilities at a very reasonable price. In the following sections, we’ll take a look at the most prominent features of the WowGo 3 electric skateboard.
1. Excellent Flexibility
The first thing that distinguishes the WowGo 3 is its flexibility and design. The deck is made from a bamboo and fiberglass composite that offers excellent flexibility and performance.
The material is also an excellent choice as both bamboo and fiberglass have a high strength-to-weight ratio, which allows the skateboard to handle excessive loads.
2. Smooth Acceleration / Deceleration
Another excellent feature of the WowGo 3 is its excellent riding experience. Unlike many electric longboards, this model makes sure that you do not feel any sudden jerk while accelerating or braking.
The WowGo 3 longboard comes with 3 standard speed modes that maintain a comfortable acceleration level. The final mode is called Turbo mode. It allows you to enjoy high acceleration levels, but you’ll experience some jerk.
3. Decent Top-Speed
While the WowGo 3 doesn’t claim to be the fastest board in any category, it boasts a decent top speed of 25 mph due to its excellent motor and overall design. If you are looking for the fastest electric skateboard, this is not the board for you. However, for someone looking for modest specs, this is a great choice.
4. Great Battery and Range
The WowGo 3 uses top-of-the-line Samsung batteries that deliver a long-lasting performance without any significant deterioration. You have the option to choose between 6Ah and 8Ah batteries which can increase the maximum range to 20 miles.
5. High-Quality Wheels
The quality and size of the wheels are important parameters that determine the performance characteristics of a skateboard. The WowGo comes with 90mm wheels that have a 78A rating. Moreover, the wheels provide an extremely firm grip on the road, which enhances this longboard’s braking ability and improves your riding experience.
6. Comfortable riding experience
Perhaps the most distinguishing feature of the WowGo 3 electric skateboard is the riding experience it offers. WowGo 3 electric skateboard comes has numerous qualities that enhance your comfort by damping vibrations and shocks from the road. Similarly, the wheels and deck are designed to provide stability, and the longboard’s braking system makes sure that the riding experience remains safe.
So far, numerous users have been left surprised by how well the riding experience of the WowGo 3 is. By the riding experience alone, we believe that you won’t be able to distinguish between any top-tier model or the WowGo 3.
7. Elegant Remote
The WowGo 3 electric skateboard comes with a very elegant wireless remote. You’ll love the premium texture and the ergonomic position of all the essential buttons. The remote even has a small screen that can show you key parameters like the speed, remaining battery, and trip distance.
Pros and Cons of WowGo 3
- Numerous excellent features often found in top-tier electric skateboards
- Ensures comfortable rides through vibration damping and other qualities
- Available at a very reasonable price
- Excellent customer service
- International 180-day warranty
- Fast shipping
- Not that suitable for heavier users
- Max range is only 20 miles
- Batteries take a lot of time to recharge
Other Alternatives to the WowGo 3 Electric Skateboard
If you don’t want to use the WowGo 3 electric longboard, we have collected a few alternatives that fall under the same price bracket and have similar performance characteristics.
BLITZART Huracane 38″ Dual Brushless Hub-Motor Electric Skateboard
The first choice is the Blitzart Hurricane electric skateboard. This budget option comes with a decent top speed and has a similar bamboo-fiberglass deck, which allows it to support the overall weight of 250 lb.
Just like many other electric longboards in this category, the Blitzart Hurricane also has a wireless remote. It features 2 modes for both beginners and experienced users and can reach the top speed of 23 mph. Moreover, the electric longboard is quite easy to carry as it comes with an integrated handle.
The overall range of the Blitzart Hurricane is below the industry average. The skateboard comes with a 36V battery, which only lasts for 10 miles and takes more than 3 hours to charge.
MEEPO V3 Electric Skateboard
The second choice is the MEEPO V3 electric longboard that I believe is the closest alternative to the WowGo 3. This product comes with a powerful motor that reaches the top speed of 20 mph and navigates a slope of 30%.
The deck of the Meepo V3 is made from Canadian maple wood, which is both lightweight and can sustain excessive loads. The Meepo V3 can handle about 300 lbs without losing its performance, which I believe is the highest load-bearing capacity in this price category.
On top of its regular capabilities, the Meepo V3 also comes with electronic sealings and other protections, which allow the skateboard to operate in rain and other humid environments. Finally, you’ll also enjoy the acceleration capabilities of the Meepo. The motor can take it to the top speed in only 4.5 seconds.
EPIKGO Electronic Skateboard with Dual-Motor
The Epikgo electric skateboard comes with excellent capabilities and qualities that keep them on-par with top-tier longboards in the market. The brushless motors can climb an incline of 30% and sustain a top speed of 25 mph.
One distinguishing feature of the Epikgo electric longboard is its focus on safety. The skateboard comes with intelligent sensors and systems that prevent shortages or fires. The longboard also comes with an automatic braking system which can even stop at a downward incline.
To make everything simple for the users, the Epikgo comes with an intuitive wireless controller, which can enhance your overall control. The skateboard offers 3-speed modes and can travel 12.5 miles on a single charge.
The overall capabilities of the Epikgo skateboard are enhanced by its aesthetic elements. The skateboard has a single-tone color scheme and has an aerodynamic design. You’ll also appreciate the maple wood deck which can absorb energy and sustain excessive weights easily.
Let’s take a look at what users say about the WowGo 3 electric skateboard.
The first comment is from Ryan, who is a fan of this skateboard’s smooth ride. We agree with the assessment because rider comfort is a primary focus of this product.
The second user, Louis, believes that the WowwGo 3 exceeded expectations. While he does specifically say this, but it is apparent that he didn’t expect so many excellent features in a budget product. Louis also appreciated the skateboard’s performance on rough terrains.
The final comment we are featuring is from Travis, who is not 100% satisfied with this product. He believes that the battery could have been better as the electric skateboard currently has a maximum range of 20 miles.
We partially agree with this sentiment, because it must be noted that powerful batteries are quite expensive. If the manufacturers installed such components, they would have to compromise on some other aspects to maintain the same price.
While there are a lot of comments about the WowGo 3 on the internet, we believe that the aforementioned ones are enough to give you an idea about the general perception in the market. Most users were pleasantly surprised with this skateboard’s capabilities considering the price. However, some were left unsatisfied with the overall range of the product.
Looking for something comfortable without spending a fortune? You are lucky! The WowGo 3 is among the most comfortable and functional electric skateboards you can find in this price category. Its exceptional capabilities along with its attractive design have made it a fan favorite among beginners and intermediate users alike.
More Recommended Ebikes
Check out these other ebikes I've reviewed:
- Urban Arrow Ebike – Last year, I made one of the largest purchases I’ve ever made – I bought a $9,000 electric cargo bike from Urban Arrow. In my Urban Arrow review, I will discuss what it is and why I decided to buy this bike, as well as discuss how impactful a bike like this can be on your journey to financial independence.
- Troxus Explorer Step-Thru Ebike – The Troxus Explorer Step-Thru is a fat-tire ebike that I’ve had the pleasure of riding for a while now. It has amazing power, great looks, and awesome range. If you’re looking for a great fat-tire ebike that offers a lot for the price, the Troxus Explorer Step-Thru is definitely one for you to consider. Check out my Troxus Explorer Step-Thru Review.
- Hovsco HovBeta Ebike – The HovBeta is a folding ebike with great specs and a lot of interesting features, and importantly, it’s sold at a good price point. I’ve had a blast commuting with it and using it to do deliveries with DoorDash, Uber Eats, and Grubhub. Check out my Hovsco HovBeta Ebike Review.
- Vanpowers Manidae Ebike – The Vanpowers Manidae is a fat tire ebike that I’ve been riding as my primary winter commuting bike and have also been using it to do food delivery with apps like DoorDash, Uber Eats, and Grubhub. After clocking in a decent number of miles with this ebike, I wanted to write a post sharing what my experience with the Vanpowers Manidae ebike has been like. Check out my Vanpowers Manidae Review.
- Sohamo S3 Step-Thru Folding EBike Review – A Great Value Folding Ebike – The Sohamo S3 Step-Thru Folding Ebike is an entry-level folding ebike that offers a lot of value for the price point. I’ve been riding the Sohamo S3 for a while now, putting the bike through its paces, and I have to say, this bike has exceeded all of my expectations. Check out my Sohamo Review.
- KBO Flip Ebike – The KBO Flip is an excellent bike. I’ve had a great time riding it and think it’s a versatile bike that can be used for a lot of purposes and can fit a variety of lifestyles. It’s worked out great for me as a general commuter bike and as a food delivery bike. Check out my KBO Flip Review.
- Hiboy P7 Commuter Ebike – The Hiboy P7 is an excellent electric commuter bike that’s offered at an affordable price point. The range and speed of this bike are both very good, so you won’t have any trouble getting anywhere you need to go with it. As a food delivery vehicle, this is also good – with how much range it offers, you’ll be able to work all day on a single charge. Check out my Hiboy P7 Commuter Electric Bike Review.
- Himiway Escape Ebike – The Himiway Escape is an interesting bike for anyone looking for a moped-style ebike. If you’re a gig economy worker, the Himiway Escape is particularly interesting and it’s possible to think of it as an investment, especially if you can opt to do deliveries with the Himiway versus using a car. It’s not cheap, but you can definitely make your money back when you compare the mileage you’ll put on your car versus using an ebike. Check out my Himiway Escape Bike Review.
- Espin Sport Ebike – The Espin Sport is a good ebike for someone who is looking for an ebike that feels and rides more like a regular bike. There are many ebikes that are really only bikes in name. In reality, they’re basically electric mopeds. The Espin Sport, by contrast, is a bike you could probably ride without the battery and you’d feel like you’re just riding a regular bike. Check out my Espin Sport Review.
More Recommended Scooters
Check out these other scooters I've reviewed:
- Varla Eagle One Scooter – The Varla Eagle One is an excellent scooter that can make sense for a lot of people. It can work as a primary mode of transportation. You can use it to work on gig economy apps like DoorDash, Uber Eats, and Grubhub. And it can also be a recreational vehicle if you’d prefer to use it for that. Check out my Varla Eagle One Review.
- Varla Falcon Scooter – The Varla Falcon is an excellent scooter that offers a good amount of power at a lower price point compared to more powerful scooters. It’s not exactly an entry-level scooter, nor is it a high-powered scooter. I think it fits somewhere in-between those two categories – an intermediate scooter if I had to give it a category. Check out my Varla Falcon Review.
- Hiboy S2 Scooter – The Hiboy S2 is an excellent entry-level commuter scooter that's perfect for someone looking to save some money in transportation costs and improve their commute. Check out my Hiboy S2 Review.
- Hiboy S2R Scooter – The Hiboy S2R is one of the more interesting electric scooters I’ve been able to test out. It’s not a high-powered scooter, but for an everyday transport option, it’s very useful, especially given some of the unique features that it has. Indeed, for the price, the Hiboy S2R might be the best value scooter I’ve used. Check out my Hiboy S2R Review.
- GoTrax G5 Scooter – The GoTrax G5 Electric Scooter is a new commuter scooter from GoTrax that I’ve been riding for a while now. It’s a scooter that’s well-built, has a good top speed, and offers a lot of great features. And with a price point in the $500 range, it’s a scooter that offers a lot of value for the money too. Check out my GoTrax G5 Review.
- Sisigad Arrow Max Scooter – When it comes to scooters, you sometimes just need a solid, well-built, decently fast scooter to get you around. The Sisigad Arrow Max is an entry-level scooter that does exactly that. I’ve been riding it around a bunch lately – and so far – I find it to be a fun, affordable scooter that works well for commuting and getting around the city. Check out my Sisigad Arrow Max Review.
- Fucare H3 Scooter – The Fucare H3 is a fun scooter and I’ve enjoyed testing it out. For a daily commuter or quick trips or errands, the Fucare H3 is probably the scooter I’ll use. It’s portable and easy to maneuver, so it’s just easier to take on the road when I need it. Check out my Fucare H3 Scooter Review.