E-scooters have seen a surge in demand that only a few other personal transportation devices have managed to replicate.
But with so many options in the market, it’s easier to get lost.
If you’re looking for a powerful E-scooter then check out our complete Turbowheel Lightning review below to know more about this popular option.
What to Expect from Turbo Lightning?
If you’re expecting TurboWheel to be like an average E-scooter you’ll see on campus, then you’ll be absolutely wrong.
This Electric Scooter is a beast. You’ll certainly feel a childish sort of glee every time you look at or take it up on a ride.
The power and speed that Turbowheel does justice to its name “Lightning”. If your average commute has hills, mud, or lots of quick turns, Turbowheel Lightning can handle it all.
Its incredible off-the-road capabilities are also supported by its incredibly long battery life.
Turbowheel Lightning isn’t the kind of E-Scooter you can give to a non-serious rider for the safety of both the rider and other bystanders.
Safety gear is an absolute must and while the idea of jumping on the scooter and blasting off at the highest speed possible seems fun, you must always make sure that you’re going at a speed that you can handle.
Turbowheel Lightning Overview
Now that you know what to expect from TurboWheel, let’s take a closer look at its specs and how well they work to deliver you a thrilling performance.
Turbowheel Lightning is one of the most powerful Electric scooters you’ll find. It is integrated with a duel 1000W motor giving it quick acceleration, torque, and speed. Dual motor allows Turbowheel to reach a max cruising speed of more than 40 mph! You’ll be a blur as you ride through the roads.
With this amount of speed and power backing you up, Turbowheel Lightning also gives you the ability to quickly maneuver your way out of any worrisome situation if you’re riding it in traffic. You don’t have to worry about bumping into a distracted bystander on the road.
Turbowheel Lightning can also handle a maximum weight of 330 Ib. Making it an ideal choice for any heavy rider. It’s also the best choice if you live in hilly areas. Climbing up several inclines takes serious power.
Power is something Turbowheel Lightning has plenty to spare.
Driving at 40 mph can be a bit concerning. Turbowheel Lightning understands this hesitance and offers multiple restricted modes that can make getting around a bit more comfortable.
These modes include engaging only a single motor as well as an Eco Mode that can significantly reduce the power output. For speed, two modes put a limit on acceleration and maintain the speed after reaching a certain point. The 3rd option is for unlimited speed.
The Electric Scooter has a maximum range somewhere between 30 to 40 miles.
Turbowheel Lightning can give you a fast and long exhilarating cruise down the road without worrying about the E-scooter running out of battery along the way.
The kind of range that Turbowheel has is only possible due to its excellent battery pack. The device comes with 957Wh Li-ion Battery. It can last for a long time on the road as you drive. One of Turbowheel’s best features include dual charge ports. This makes recharging the device twice as fast as some of its competitors.
When you’re riding an Electric Scooter this powerful, it needs to be highly stable to keep you safe as you drive. It’s why Turbowheel Lightning’s tires are one of its most highlighted features.
The 10” x 2.5” pneumatic tires can easily ride over bumps, pebbles, and other road imperfections. The suspension is excellent, letting it absorb most of the impact so that you hardly feel a thing
Turbowheel’s braking system is highly sophisticated and precise. Moreover, the tires are fitted with front and rear disc brakes. Having a good braking system fitted to an E-Scooter is imperative for safety and quick stops. That’s exactly what Turbowheel can accomplish.
How does it feel?
Riding Turbowheel Lightning feels incredible. It’s very comfortable to ride at an appropriate speed of 20 mph. The scooter goes over crakes so smoothly that you wouldn’t even feel a thing.
Even at a high speed, the Electric Unicycle does a good job of being stable. There’s no awkward wobble or vibrations as you ride it on a road.
Overall, the experience of riding it is – for the lack of a better word – fun. It’s a way to spice up your routine and make your average commute so much more engaging.
Going at the top speed of 40 mph might put a strain on your body and you’ll have to hold on tight as you can. Turbowheel’s handlebars are very comfortable to hold on it. They have a strong grip, letting you be at ease as you ride.
Coming to the looks, Turbowheel Lighting looks sleek and incredibly stylish. It’s an impressive piece of machinery with an impressive and attractive design. The black and red contrast of its finishing is incredibly cool to look at.
Who is the Turbowheel Lightning for?
Turbowheel Lightning is truly a multipurpose Electric Scooter. Considering its top speed and power, adrenaline junkies will love to get their hands on this beast. But, don’t underestimate Turbowheel’s ability to be used as an on-road commuter.
Having extra torque and power can be useful on the road and especially for getting out of tight spots.
Turbowheel Lightning is an extremely powerful and unique Electric Scooter. You’ll be hard-pressed to find a similar kind of scooter out there at this price. It’s a brilliant, fun, and fast way to move around. It’s also very safe.
If you’re uncomfortable with the speed, just remember that you don’t have to travel at the top speed of 40 mph just because you can.
If you want to know more about Turbowheel Lightning then click here.
More Recommended Ebikes
Check out these other ebikes I've reviewed:
- Urban Arrow Ebike – Last year, I made one of the largest purchases I’ve ever made – I bought a $9,000 electric cargo bike from Urban Arrow. In my Urban Arrow review, I will discuss what it is and why I decided to buy this bike, as well as discuss how impactful a bike like this can be on your journey to financial independence.
- Troxus Explorer Step-Thru Ebike – The Troxus Explorer Step-Thru is a fat-tire ebike that I’ve had the pleasure of riding for a while now. It has amazing power, great looks, and awesome range. If you’re looking for a great fat-tire ebike that offers a lot for the price, the Troxus Explorer Step-Thru is definitely one for you to consider. Check out my Troxus Explorer Step-Thru Review.
- Hovsco HovBeta Ebike – The HovBeta is a folding ebike with great specs and a lot of interesting features, and importantly, it’s sold at a good price point. I’ve had a blast commuting with it and using it to do deliveries with DoorDash, Uber Eats, and Grubhub. Check out my Hovsco HovBeta Ebike Review.
- Vanpowers Manidae Ebike – The Vanpowers Manidae is a fat tire ebike that I’ve been riding as my primary winter commuting bike and have also been using it to do food delivery with apps like DoorDash, Uber Eats, and Grubhub. After clocking in a decent number of miles with this ebike, I wanted to write a post sharing what my experience with the Vanpowers Manidae ebike has been like. Check out my Vanpowers Manidae Review.
- Sohamo S3 Step-Thru Folding EBike Review – A Great Value Folding Ebike – The Sohamo S3 Step-Thru Folding Ebike is an entry-level folding ebike that offers a lot of value for the price point. I’ve been riding the Sohamo S3 for a while now, putting the bike through its paces, and I have to say, this bike has exceeded all of my expectations. Check out my Sohamo Review.
- KBO Flip Ebike – The KBO Flip is an excellent bike. I’ve had a great time riding it and think it’s a versatile bike that can be used for a lot of purposes and can fit a variety of lifestyles. It’s worked out great for me as a general commuter bike and as a food delivery bike. Check out my KBO Flip Review.
- Hiboy P7 Commuter Ebike – The Hiboy P7 is an excellent electric commuter bike that’s offered at an affordable price point. The range and speed of this bike are both very good, so you won’t have any trouble getting anywhere you need to go with it. As a food delivery vehicle, this is also good – with how much range it offers, you’ll be able to work all day on a single charge. Check out my Hiboy P7 Commuter Electric Bike Review.
- Himiway Escape Ebike – The Himiway Escape is an interesting bike for anyone looking for a moped-style ebike. If you’re a gig economy worker, the Himiway Escape is particularly interesting and it’s possible to think of it as an investment, especially if you can opt to do deliveries with the Himiway versus using a car. It’s not cheap, but you can definitely make your money back when you compare the mileage you’ll put on your car versus using an ebike. Check out my Himiway Escape Bike Review.
- Espin Sport Ebike – The Espin Sport is a good ebike for someone who is looking for an ebike that feels and rides more like a regular bike. There are many ebikes that are really only bikes in name. In reality, they’re basically electric mopeds. The Espin Sport, by contrast, is a bike you could probably ride without the battery and you’d feel like you’re just riding a regular bike. Check out my Espin Sport Review.
More Recommended Scooters
Check out these other scooters I've reviewed:
- Varla Eagle One Scooter – The Varla Eagle One is an excellent scooter that can make sense for a lot of people. It can work as a primary mode of transportation. You can use it to work on gig economy apps like DoorDash, Uber Eats, and Grubhub. And it can also be a recreational vehicle if you’d prefer to use it for that. Check out my Varla Eagle One Review.
- Varla Falcon Scooter – The Varla Falcon is an excellent scooter that offers a good amount of power at a lower price point compared to more powerful scooters. It’s not exactly an entry-level scooter, nor is it a high-powered scooter. I think it fits somewhere in-between those two categories – an intermediate scooter if I had to give it a category. Check out my Varla Falcon Review.
- Hiboy S2 Scooter – The Hiboy S2 is an excellent entry-level commuter scooter that's perfect for someone looking to save some money in transportation costs and improve their commute. Check out my Hiboy S2 Review.
- Hiboy S2R Scooter – The Hiboy S2R is one of the more interesting electric scooters I’ve been able to test out. It’s not a high-powered scooter, but for an everyday transport option, it’s very useful, especially given some of the unique features that it has. Indeed, for the price, the Hiboy S2R might be the best value scooter I’ve used. Check out my Hiboy S2R Review.
- GoTrax G5 Scooter – The GoTrax G5 Electric Scooter is a new commuter scooter from GoTrax that I’ve been riding for a while now. It’s a scooter that’s well-built, has a good top speed, and offers a lot of great features. And with a price point in the $500 range, it’s a scooter that offers a lot of value for the money too. Check out my GoTrax G5 Review.
- Sisigad Arrow Max Scooter – When it comes to scooters, you sometimes just need a solid, well-built, decently fast scooter to get you around. The Sisigad Arrow Max is an entry-level scooter that does exactly that. I’ve been riding it around a bunch lately – and so far – I find it to be a fun, affordable scooter that works well for commuting and getting around the city. Check out my Sisigad Arrow Max Review.
- Fucare H3 Scooter – The Fucare H3 is a fun scooter and I’ve enjoyed testing it out. For a daily commuter or quick trips or errands, the Fucare H3 is probably the scooter I’ll use. It’s portable and easy to maneuver, so it’s just easier to take on the road when I need it. Check out my Fucare H3 Scooter Review.