If you’ve never had a comfortable and easy transport experience with a scooter, an e-scooter will be a good option for you. With any Hiboy electric scooter, you get to experience a fun, cost-effective, and enjoyable ride. Hiboy has numerous e-scooter but we will be taking you through a journey to explore two of the best which are Hiboy s2 vs Hiboy max.
Both products are manufactured by Hiboy which is involved in the provision of high-quality, safe, and reliable personal vehicles.
The company has different brands of Hiboy electric scooters, but the Hiboy S2 and Hiboy Max are good similar models that take more effort to spot the difference. We will be helping with the process of which brand to go for.
One unique feature about Hiboy products compared to other e-scooters is the use of Hiboy app support.
It enables you to use your mobile device to lock your scooter, customize your speed and cruise control, enables one-click pairing of your device and the scooter, and allows you to custom your acceleration brake response.
Both products are affordable, light, and can support up to 100kg weight with a decent speed and range. They both have a kinetic energy recovery system.
When purchasing this product, you’ll notice they are different types. There is the Hiboy S2 pro electric scooter, Hiboy S2 electric scooter which is the most common, the Hiboy S2 lite electric scooter, and the S2R electric scooter. For this review, we will focus on the Hiboy S2 electric scooter.
This product also has three types which include the Hiboy Max electric scooter, Hiboy Max V2 electric scooter, and the Hiboy MAX3 electric scooter. For this review, we will focus on Hiboy MAX electric scooter.
Hiboy S2 vs Hiboy MAX Features
To get a proper outlook on Hiboy S2 vs Hiboy MAX we need to identify the features that differentiate them.
Which Has The Better Speed, range, and power?
Hiboy S2 has a top speed of 18.6 mph and a comfortable speed of 13 mph with a long-range coverage of 17 to 20 miles. You can use cruise control to maintain a particular speed. To do so, you need to hold the throttle for 5 seconds and wait for a beeping sound.
Hiboy MAX has a top speed of 18.6 mph with a riding mode of 3 speeds and a MAX range coverage of approximately 17 miles. Both products have a quiet 350W brushless motor. With Hiboy S2 having more range this product is considered better.
Which One is More Affordable?
While a Hiboy MAX typically costs more than Hiboy S2. However, the cost differential is typically not very large. Still, it helps make Hiboy S2 cheaper and an easier choice for customers on a budget.
Why Is The Hiboy MAX heavier than the Hiboy S2?
Hiboy S2 has a total weight of 29.5 lbs and can carry a maximum load of 260 lbs.
Hiboy MAX has a total weight of 34 lbs and has a weight carrying capacity of 55 to 220 lbs.
If you are a heavyweight individual and you are bothered about the carrying capacity Hiboy S2 is the choice for you. Its lighter weight enables for easier carriage therefore it is a better choice than Hiboy Max.
Does Hiboy S2 Have A Better Battery Life?
Both electric scooters battery is made of lithium-ion with 36V and 7.5Ah.
Hiboy max has a battery capacity of 270Wh while that of the S2 e-scooter is unknown. There is no mention of the battery protection of both by the manufacturer.
Hiboy S2 has a regenerative battery so you can recharge as you ride making it a better option.
Does The Hiboy MAX Charge Faster?
Hiboy MAX has a charging time of 4 to 6 hours while Hiboy S2 charging time is 6 hours, anything short of that time will result in lesser distance coverage before the battery runs out. Using the top speed and range, with a full charge battery both products should be able to run for approximately 50 minutes.
If you are interested in an electric scooter with a relatively shorter charging time, then the Hiboy MAX is what you should consider.
Do They Both Have Amazing Control?
They both have an app integrated with cruise control to help maintain speed. The brake also helps with the control and both products have a double braking system, a hand brake, and a twist-grip brake.
The accelerator helps cancel the cruise control, you can then use the hand brake to slow down the electric scooter and the e-brake to completely stop the scooter.
They both have a regenerative braking system for additional power.
Both products are best suitable for smooth terrain and not too effective for rough terrain because of their weight and tire features. Hiboy S2 has a solid rubber tire of 8.5 inches while the MAX e-scooter has honeycomb solid tires which provide more comfort while riding making it easier to ride Hiboy MAX on rough terrain.
Hiboy MAX has a 10% grade hill climb enabling it to ride on sloppy terrains which makes it a better option if you reside in a hilly area. None of the products should be ridden on off-road.
Which Has A Better Design and Build Quality?
Both products have similar designs and are ergonomically safe for use. Both products are made from lightweight aluminum.
Hiboy S2 has three brilliant light system (Tail light, headlight, and sidelight) that enables riders to ride at night. While Hiboy MAX has three light systems with dual headlights for night traveling and a clear LED display.
Both products have a folding system with Hiboy S2 having three-fold systems and Hiboy MAX having a one-fold system.
As a customer, you do not need to worry about assembling as both products are assembled with a charger and user manual. Hiboy MAX comes with a complete tool kit while Hiboy S2 comes with just a hexagon wrench and four screws.
Stand out features
Optional seat: The S2 e-scooter comes with a perfectly comfortable option of riding with a chair especially when driving through long distances. This is a unique feature that is rare among other Hiboy products.
As an adult riding an e-scooter, having a wider foot pedal is a feature you would always prefer. The Hiboy MAX gives you the option of having a wider foot anti-slip feet pedal for your large feet. The anti-slip feature is what enables safety, especially when riding in the rain.
For the Hiboy MAX, locking it requires you to step on the large to unfold it, then pushing the handle back forward with great force till you can hear a click sound. The click sound notifies you that the lock is in place.
The Hiboy MAX has a very effective front shock absorber, while the Hiboy S2 has a rare dual shock absorber that is not present in the Hiboy Max. the rear shock absorber of Hiboy S2 performs well due to its special alloy spring steel in it and can be tightened or loosened by a wrench for a comfortable riding experience.
Digital Dashboard screen
This feature is unique to the S2 electric scooter and it shows the current speed while riding. The low or high-speed models, battery level, and remaining power
Final words: Is The Hiboy S2 Better Than Hiboy MAX?
This review has given us a clearer insight on Hiboy S2 vs Hiboy MAX taking into account its features. For a cheap ride with an electric scooter and easy monitoring of basic parameters like speed on the scooter, use Hiboy S2 electric scooter. Get the Hiboy MAX if you are particular about the pedal and want to enjoy your ride.
Get the Hiboy S2 if:
- You want better assurance that the scooter can handle your weight.
- Want more comfort while riding.
- You are on a budget.
- You prefer an efficient folding mechanism and a light scooter.
Use Hiboy MAX if:
- You are always faced with situations where you don’t have enough time to charge before riding.
- Live in an area that doesn’t have many smooth roads and need to compensate for that.
More Recommended Ebikes
Check out these other ebikes I've reviewed:
- Urban Arrow Ebike – Last year, I made one of the largest purchases I’ve ever made – I bought a $9,000 electric cargo bike from Urban Arrow. In my Urban Arrow review, I will discuss what it is and why I decided to buy this bike, as well as discuss how impactful a bike like this can be on your journey to financial independence.
- Troxus Explorer Step-Thru Ebike – The Troxus Explorer Step-Thru is a fat-tire ebike that I’ve had the pleasure of riding for a while now. It has amazing power, great looks, and awesome range. If you’re looking for a great fat-tire ebike that offers a lot for the price, the Troxus Explorer Step-Thru is definitely one for you to consider. Check out my Troxus Explorer Step-Thru Review.
- Hovsco HovBeta Ebike – The HovBeta is a folding ebike with great specs and a lot of interesting features, and importantly, it’s sold at a good price point. I’ve had a blast commuting with it and using it to do deliveries with DoorDash, Uber Eats, and Grubhub. Check out my Hovsco HovBeta Ebike Review.
- Vanpowers Manidae Ebike – The Vanpowers Manidae is a fat tire ebike that I’ve been riding as my primary winter commuting bike and have also been using it to do food delivery with apps like DoorDash, Uber Eats, and Grubhub. After clocking in a decent number of miles with this ebike, I wanted to write a post sharing what my experience with the Vanpowers Manidae ebike has been like. Check out my Vanpowers Manidae Review.
- Sohamo S3 Step-Thru Folding EBike Review – A Great Value Folding Ebike – The Sohamo S3 Step-Thru Folding Ebike is an entry-level folding ebike that offers a lot of value for the price point. I’ve been riding the Sohamo S3 for a while now, putting the bike through its paces, and I have to say, this bike has exceeded all of my expectations. Check out my Sohamo Review.
- KBO Flip Ebike – The KBO Flip is an excellent bike. I’ve had a great time riding it and think it’s a versatile bike that can be used for a lot of purposes and can fit a variety of lifestyles. It’s worked out great for me as a general commuter bike and as a food delivery bike. Check out my KBO Flip Review.
- Hiboy P7 Commuter Ebike – The Hiboy P7 is an excellent electric commuter bike that’s offered at an affordable price point. The range and speed of this bike are both very good, so you won’t have any trouble getting anywhere you need to go with it. As a food delivery vehicle, this is also good – with how much range it offers, you’ll be able to work all day on a single charge. Check out my Hiboy P7 Commuter Electric Bike Review.
- Himiway Escape Ebike – The Himiway Escape is an interesting bike for anyone looking for a moped-style ebike. If you’re a gig economy worker, the Himiway Escape is particularly interesting and it’s possible to think of it as an investment, especially if you can opt to do deliveries with the Himiway versus using a car. It’s not cheap, but you can definitely make your money back when you compare the mileage you’ll put on your car versus using an ebike. Check out my Himiway Escape Bike Review.
- Espin Sport Ebike – The Espin Sport is a good ebike for someone who is looking for an ebike that feels and rides more like a regular bike. There are many ebikes that are really only bikes in name. In reality, they’re basically electric mopeds. The Espin Sport, by contrast, is a bike you could probably ride without the battery and you’d feel like you’re just riding a regular bike. Check out my Espin Sport Review.
More Recommended Scooters
Check out these other scooters I've reviewed:
- Varla Eagle One Scooter – The Varla Eagle One is an excellent scooter that can make sense for a lot of people. It can work as a primary mode of transportation. You can use it to work on gig economy apps like DoorDash, Uber Eats, and Grubhub. And it can also be a recreational vehicle if you’d prefer to use it for that. Check out my Varla Eagle One Review.
- Varla Falcon Scooter – The Varla Falcon is an excellent scooter that offers a good amount of power at a lower price point compared to more powerful scooters. It’s not exactly an entry-level scooter, nor is it a high-powered scooter. I think it fits somewhere in-between those two categories – an intermediate scooter if I had to give it a category. Check out my Varla Falcon Review.
- Hiboy S2 Scooter – The Hiboy S2 is an excellent entry-level commuter scooter that's perfect for someone looking to save some money in transportation costs and improve their commute. Check out my Hiboy S2 Review.
- Hiboy S2R Scooter – The Hiboy S2R is one of the more interesting electric scooters I’ve been able to test out. It’s not a high-powered scooter, but for an everyday transport option, it’s very useful, especially given some of the unique features that it has. Indeed, for the price, the Hiboy S2R might be the best value scooter I’ve used. Check out my Hiboy S2R Review.
- GoTrax G5 Scooter – The GoTrax G5 Electric Scooter is a new commuter scooter from GoTrax that I’ve been riding for a while now. It’s a scooter that’s well-built, has a good top speed, and offers a lot of great features. And with a price point in the $500 range, it’s a scooter that offers a lot of value for the money too. Check out my GoTrax G5 Review.
- Sisigad Arrow Max Scooter – When it comes to scooters, you sometimes just need a solid, well-built, decently fast scooter to get you around. The Sisigad Arrow Max is an entry-level scooter that does exactly that. I’ve been riding it around a bunch lately – and so far – I find it to be a fun, affordable scooter that works well for commuting and getting around the city. Check out my Sisigad Arrow Max Review.
- Fucare H3 Scooter – The Fucare H3 is a fun scooter and I’ve enjoyed testing it out. For a daily commuter or quick trips or errands, the Fucare H3 is probably the scooter I’ll use. It’s portable and easy to maneuver, so it’s just easier to take on the road when I need it. Check out my Fucare H3 Scooter Review.