There’s nothing more fulfilling than being able to safely glide through an endless road as fast as you can.
That’s exactly what you can get from an Electric Unicycle.
You might face some difficulties in trying to learn how to operate a Motorized Unicycle. It’s certainly more difficult to learn than an electric scooter or an e-bicycle, but once you’ve gone through the learning curve, it’ll be your favorite way to move around.
If you love thrill rides, then we’ve compiled a list of the 10 fastest Electric Unicycles currently available in the market.
How do Electric Unicycles work?
It’s important to understand how Electric Unicycles work before we get into details. The most common type of Electric Unicycle consists of one wheel which you operate through the pedals attached to its frame. It’s through these pedals with which you engage and utilize the self-balancing mechanism.
A motorized electric unicycle works on this self-balancing system to allow its single wheel to spin on a free axis, letting you maintain balance and control directions by applying minimum pressure.
It will be hard for you to understand how to tilt, change directions, and take turns at the beginning. But the mechanism will work to significantly ease the steep learning curve associated with an Electric Unicycle.
Factors you need to consider before buying an Electric Unicycle
Before you jump into the world of Electric Unicycles, there are several factors you need to know. Understanding these factors will allow you to make an informed decision and find the right unicycle that fulfills all your needs.
Electric Unicycles can be an incredibly fast way to travel and commute. On average, a Motorized Unicycle has a top speed within the bracket of 20 to 40 mph. That’s a lot. It’s paramount for you to know that you must only ride an Electric Unicycle at a reasonable speed, especially if you’re only beginning to learn.
Moreover, you should also avoid driving at the top speed to have reliable and consistent performance.
Type of Electric Unicycle
There are 3 main types of Electric Unicycles: The one-wheel unicycle, the dual-wheel unicycle, and finally, the seated unicycle.
There’s not a lot of difference between the first two Unicycles besides the added stability and performance boost which the additional wheel gives. But seated unicycles come with an attached seat that you can sit and maneuver the unicycle with. Some one-wheel Electric Unicycles have a seat that can be installed and removed easily. It allows you to relax and is a good accessory to have at hand if you plan on going for a long ride.
Maneuverability and Size
Electric Unicycles usually have different wheel sizes. You should know how riding a small wheel unicycle differs from a large wheel. A smaller wheel unicycle allows an easier learning experience as well as more maneuverability. If you live around streets with a lot of turns then it’s probably a better idea for you to get a small unicycle.
If the roads around your commute have a lot of imperfections like small pebbles, mud, etc. Or you’re planning on using your Electric Unicycle off-the-road, then getting a unicycle with a larger wheel, around 20 inches, for example, would be much more suitable for your needs.
A unicycle with a bigger wheel would provide a much more smoother and stable riding experience. Moreover, if you live in an area with a lot of steep hills, investing in a high-powered unicycle with a large wheel would be much more appropriate.
Range and Battery
The distance that an Electric Unicycle can cover depends on a variety of factors including but not limited to the weather, road conditions, etc. The most important one, however, is the user’s weight. Every unicycle in the market has a specific amount of load that it can handle. If the user weighs more than that, it’s much harder for an electric unicycle to deliver its promised range.
An advantage of this system is that if you’re underweight, then you might get higher mileage.
A high-powered battery is also a critical factor in deciding how many miles your electric unicycle can cover on a single charge. You need to make sure that you’re aware of the unicycle’s limits as you can’t use it once it runs out of battery unlike an electric scooter or an e-skateboard.
There are a lot of diverse options currently available in the market. You’ll need to properly see what your preferences are and thoroughly check your options before making a purchase. Your main priority shouldn’t be getting the newest features but rather it should be about getting the best value for your money.
There are several brilliant Electric Unicycles available within a mid-price range. Be sure to check them out before looking at the more expensive options.
The Fastest Electric Unicycles in the Market Right Now
The following are the 10 fastest Electric Unicycles that you get today. All these models are well-loved and are manufactured by some of the biggest names in the industry. We’ve written in detail about each of them to give you a comprehensive outlook.
1. Gotway MSX
Gotway MSX is one of the most well-beloved Electric Unicycles currently available. It’s a beautifully designed device that’s appropriate for both beginners to intermediate riders. Gotway MSX is highly stable even at a fast speed and is extremely responsive to commends, giving riders better control of their Motorized Unicycle as they drive.
Gotway MSX can easily reach a speed of 33– 35 mph which is more than enough to deliver a thrilling ride. This alongside MSX’s fantastic stability system, ensures a comfortable and safe experience.
This Electric Unicycle can give a range of 50 to 60 miles on an average speed of 24 mph.
It comes in two alternative versions, the Gotway MSX 84v and the Gotway MSX 100V. The latter has a slightly higher speed compared to the former but a wider range of 74 miles on average
2. King Song 18XL
Another incredible Electric Unicycle is the King Song 18XL. Coming integrated with a 2200 watts motor, KS-18XL is an incredibly powerful Motorized Unicycle that delivers a stellar performance. King Song 18L has an incredible 18-inch wheel that delivers a smooth and incredibly stable ride.
King Song 18XL is fast. It is so comfortable that you might not feel it, but it can glide through a road with incredible speed. If you live in an area with a lot of road imperfections, or if you’re planning on taking your electric unicycle for an off-the-road experience, then KS-18XL is perfect for you.
This Electric Unicycle also comes equipped with extra-large pedals, giving you an ample amount of space to comfortably adjust your feet. It even comes with integrated lights, front and back, for safety while also giving off a futuristic look with its customizable RGB sidelights.
3. Gotway Tesla
Gotway Tesla is an excellent mid-range addition to this list. This Electric Unicycle can reach a top speed of 30 mph with relative ease due to its incredibly powerful motor of 1900 watts.
This, alongside its other incredible features, makes Gotway Telsa stand toe to toe against more expensive models.
It’s a small Electric Unicycle that comes with a sturdy and durable frame. Gotway Telsa has a powerful 1020 Wh battery, letting it achieve an average range of 50 miles on a single charge.
4. Ninebot Z10
Xiaomi Ninebot Z10 has everything you need from an Electric Unicycle. It’s sleek, stylish, reliable, and most importantly, fast. Ninebot Z10 comes with a powerful 1800 watts motor.
This allows it to deliver an incredibly fast speed of an average of 28 mph. This Electric Unicycle can also easily climb a 25-inch-wide slop and has an IP54 water-resistant rating.
Ninebot can deliver a mileage of 56 miles and its integrated 18-inch wheel allows for a smooth, stable riding experience.
For more ease, Ninebot even has a supporting app and build-in front and back LED lights for more control and safety.
- Top speed: 28 mph
- Range: 56 miles
- Load Capacity: 330 Ibs
- Can easily climb slopes
- Cool design
- Stable Ride
- Charging time is 8 hours long
5. Veteran Sherman
Veteran Sherman is a popular choice for many seasoned riders and that’s for a good reason. Despite its expensive price point, it’s an incredible option for those who want to upgrade their riding experience.
This Electric Unicycle is a beast. Integrated within its dominating design is a powerful 2500 watts motor as well as the largest battery pack in the market. This allows Veteran Sherman to reach a mileage of 123 miles!
This is supported by an intuitive and incredibly responsive self-balancing system. Veteran Sherman is incredibly fast. Its average speed tops at about 45mph!
Made by former Gotway Engineers, desiring the ultimate high-performance 20″ Wheel for the Veteran Rider in mind. Largest 3,200Wh battery pack, 2,500W motor, max speed potential ~45MPH. First Wheel with an integrated Dashboard displaying speed, mileage, battery state of charge
6. Gotway MCM5
Gotway MCM5 is a small size, lightweight Electric Unicycle. Its main focus is to provide a fast-thrilling ride as conveniently as possible. Weighting 37Ibs only, Gotway MCM5 has a top speed of 25 mph and a wide range of 40 miles.
7. King Song 14s
If you’re looking for a fast Electric Unicycle that’s ideal for a little late-night cruise, then King Song 14s has got you covered.
This small but powerful Electric Unicycle can reach a top speed of 18.5 mph and is fitted with an 800 watts motor. It even has a wide range of 40 miles.
With its significantly lower price point in comparison to some of the other options mentioned in the list, King Song 14s is a perfect choice for those who want a fast but more budget-friendly Electric Unicycle.
8. Gotway MTen3
Gotway Mten3 is another option that you can get. While it’s not the fastest, as this electric unicycle has a top speed of 23 mph, Mten3 has excellent torque.
Moreover, considering its small size, 23 mph is extremely fast. It’s not called ‘The Pocket Rocket’ for no reason.
One of the best features of Gotway Mten3 is that It packs a ton of brilliant features while weighing absolutely nothing in comparison to some other options.
9. Inmotion V10
Inmotion V10 is another household name within the Electric Unicycle community.
V10 has an incredible 1800-watt motor and a 650Wh battery. This gives this unicycle an incredible range of 40 miles and an ability to climb 30-degree inclines.
Inmotion V10 has a brilliant design. It has a slim, sleek body which allows riders to have better control. You can cruise through the streets with ease on this comfortable device.
10. Gotway RS
Gotway has several brilliant options to choose from and one of them is the Gotway RS.
It comes integrated with a ridiculously powerful motor of 2600 watts and a battery of 1800Wh.
These specs allow Gotway RS to have a speed within the bracket of 35 – 40 mph and can cover a distance of 60 miles. So not only is this Electric Unicycle fast but it also has a wide range.
Gotway RS has a single 19-inch wheel that delivers a much stable riding experience and can climb over road imperfections etc. easily.
Some Final Thoughts
Electric Unicycles have been a revolutionary addition to the categories of personal electric vehicles. If you’re a thrill-seeker then there are multiple Electric Unicycles available within different price ranges, from premium to mid-range, that can satisfy your craving for speed.
Our final advice to you would be to always remember your safety gear regardless of which option you get.
More Recommended Ebikes
Check out these other ebikes I've reviewed:
- Urban Arrow Ebike – Last year, I made one of the largest purchases I’ve ever made – I bought a $9,000 electric cargo bike from Urban Arrow. In my Urban Arrow review, I will discuss what it is and why I decided to buy this bike, as well as discuss how impactful a bike like this can be on your journey to financial independence.
- Troxus Explorer Step-Thru Ebike – The Troxus Explorer Step-Thru is a fat-tire ebike that I’ve had the pleasure of riding for a while now. It has amazing power, great looks, and awesome range. If you’re looking for a great fat-tire ebike that offers a lot for the price, the Troxus Explorer Step-Thru is definitely one for you to consider. Check out my Troxus Explorer Step-Thru Review.
- Hovsco HovBeta Ebike – The HovBeta is a folding ebike with great specs and a lot of interesting features, and importantly, it’s sold at a good price point. I’ve had a blast commuting with it and using it to do deliveries with DoorDash, Uber Eats, and Grubhub. Check out my Hovsco HovBeta Ebike Review.
- Vanpowers Manidae Ebike – The Vanpowers Manidae is a fat tire ebike that I’ve been riding as my primary winter commuting bike and have also been using it to do food delivery with apps like DoorDash, Uber Eats, and Grubhub. After clocking in a decent number of miles with this ebike, I wanted to write a post sharing what my experience with the Vanpowers Manidae ebike has been like. Check out my Vanpowers Manidae Review.
- Sohamo S3 Step-Thru Folding EBike Review – A Great Value Folding Ebike – The Sohamo S3 Step-Thru Folding Ebike is an entry-level folding ebike that offers a lot of value for the price point. I’ve been riding the Sohamo S3 for a while now, putting the bike through its paces, and I have to say, this bike has exceeded all of my expectations. Check out my Sohamo Review.
- KBO Flip Ebike – The KBO Flip is an excellent bike. I’ve had a great time riding it and think it’s a versatile bike that can be used for a lot of purposes and can fit a variety of lifestyles. It’s worked out great for me as a general commuter bike and as a food delivery bike. Check out my KBO Flip Review.
- Hiboy P7 Commuter Ebike – The Hiboy P7 is an excellent electric commuter bike that’s offered at an affordable price point. The range and speed of this bike are both very good, so you won’t have any trouble getting anywhere you need to go with it. As a food delivery vehicle, this is also good – with how much range it offers, you’ll be able to work all day on a single charge. Check out my Hiboy P7 Commuter Electric Bike Review.
- Himiway Escape Ebike – The Himiway Escape is an interesting bike for anyone looking for a moped-style ebike. If you’re a gig economy worker, the Himiway Escape is particularly interesting and it’s possible to think of it as an investment, especially if you can opt to do deliveries with the Himiway versus using a car. It’s not cheap, but you can definitely make your money back when you compare the mileage you’ll put on your car versus using an ebike. Check out my Himiway Escape Bike Review.
- Espin Sport Ebike – The Espin Sport is a good ebike for someone who is looking for an ebike that feels and rides more like a regular bike. There are many ebikes that are really only bikes in name. In reality, they’re basically electric mopeds. The Espin Sport, by contrast, is a bike you could probably ride without the battery and you’d feel like you’re just riding a regular bike. Check out my Espin Sport Review.
More Recommended Scooters
Check out these other scooters I've reviewed:
- Varla Eagle One Scooter – The Varla Eagle One is an excellent scooter that can make sense for a lot of people. It can work as a primary mode of transportation. You can use it to work on gig economy apps like DoorDash, Uber Eats, and Grubhub. And it can also be a recreational vehicle if you’d prefer to use it for that. Check out my Varla Eagle One Review.
- Varla Falcon Scooter – The Varla Falcon is an excellent scooter that offers a good amount of power at a lower price point compared to more powerful scooters. It’s not exactly an entry-level scooter, nor is it a high-powered scooter. I think it fits somewhere in-between those two categories – an intermediate scooter if I had to give it a category. Check out my Varla Falcon Review.
- Hiboy S2 Scooter – The Hiboy S2 is an excellent entry-level commuter scooter that's perfect for someone looking to save some money in transportation costs and improve their commute. Check out my Hiboy S2 Review.
- Hiboy S2R Scooter – The Hiboy S2R is one of the more interesting electric scooters I’ve been able to test out. It’s not a high-powered scooter, but for an everyday transport option, it’s very useful, especially given some of the unique features that it has. Indeed, for the price, the Hiboy S2R might be the best value scooter I’ve used. Check out my Hiboy S2R Review.
- GoTrax G5 Scooter – The GoTrax G5 Electric Scooter is a new commuter scooter from GoTrax that I’ve been riding for a while now. It’s a scooter that’s well-built, has a good top speed, and offers a lot of great features. And with a price point in the $500 range, it’s a scooter that offers a lot of value for the money too. Check out my GoTrax G5 Review.
- Sisigad Arrow Max Scooter – When it comes to scooters, you sometimes just need a solid, well-built, decently fast scooter to get you around. The Sisigad Arrow Max is an entry-level scooter that does exactly that. I’ve been riding it around a bunch lately – and so far – I find it to be a fun, affordable scooter that works well for commuting and getting around the city. Check out my Sisigad Arrow Max Review.
- Fucare H3 Scooter – The Fucare H3 is a fun scooter and I’ve enjoyed testing it out. For a daily commuter or quick trips or errands, the Fucare H3 is probably the scooter I’ll use. It’s portable and easy to maneuver, so it’s just easier to take on the road when I need it. Check out my Fucare H3 Scooter Review.