Electric unicycles are a common sight to see on a road. And why not?
They provide a fun way to travel to work or commute around your community. EUCs are small, compact, and lightweight, but they come with their own unique set of problems. One of these problems is safe storage.
In this article, we’ll discuss some of the best and economical EUC stands currently available.
Features to Look for When Selecting a Stand for Electric Unicycles
While every electric unicycle stand is unique, the best quality EUC stands usually share several general features and specifications. We’ve listed down some of the most popular ones that most people prefer.
A EUC stand bears the weight of the device and needs to keep it safely secure in one place.
Any good EUC stand would be built with a frame that’s durable enough to last without damaging the Electric Unicycle.
The frame must have a metal skeleton finished with soft materials such as flexible plastic to avoid scratch marks or damages to the device.
Aesthetics should also play a key part in the stand’s construction.
Nobody wants a lump of poorly designed metal in their garage. Finally, the stand has to be compact so it can easily be installed without taking too much space.
Electric unicycle stands aren’t something that you’ll be purchasing every other day.
If the stand isn’t made of good quality materials, that’s exactly what will happen.
It’s why you should look for stands with anti-rust materials for extra protection.
The stand should also incorporate stainless steel for strength and a combination of rubber and plastic to provide your electric unicycles with a cushion.
If you’re someone who changes their EUC often, then you should invest in a stand that will be compatible with different models of electric unicycles. Moreover, the stand should be easy to install and shouldn’t be too heavy that it can’t be moved around easily.
EUC Stands are Just like Guitar Stands: Is It True?
You might be confused with the connection between EUC and guitar stands.
But, yes, you can easily utilize a guitar stand to safely store your electric unicycles. It happens often enough that a single product can have multiple unintended uses and the same is the case with Electric Unicycles and Guitar stands.
A guitar stand can be utilized for holding electric unicycles.
They’re made of the same material and almost have the same size, shape, and dimensions.
Most guitar stands are made of high-strength steel with rubber and plastic composition. Guitar stands are mostly similar to EUC stands in terms of durability and flexibility too.
Should I Build a Unicycle Stand or Buy One?
If you’re a person who usually DIYs similar solutions then no doubt, you’ll surely enjoy building yourself a stand.
But you must be prepared for the amount of time and effort you’ll have to invest to make one that you can use. There are some steps you must take that could put a dent in your wallet.
Such as utilizing modeling software to accurately determine the needed dimensions for your unicycle.
Moreover, depending on the type of EUC you have, you’ll need to employ a 3D printer to build a usable stand.
You’ll also face other issues such as access to the right materials that would further increase the cost.
Best Stand Options for a Single EUC
For a single EUC, you have numerous options to choose from. The most economical choice for you includes guitar stands as they are far cheaper compared to EUC stands and have similar quality and features.
1. VANPHY Guitar Stand
A premium quality guitar stand made up of wood that comes with excellent finishing and smooth edges.
It’s not only a practical solution but a stylish and beautiful one as well.
Made with solid and good-quality wood, the stand is designed to be durable and strong enough to bear the weight of an electric unicycle.
The unique design of this stand allows it to be used for all types of EUCs. From lightweight and small to heavy and large, Vanphy is compatible with them all.
This stand also consists of a firm locking system along with non-slip rubber feet. This feature limits the distance between the two legs, so the stand does not slide or tilt on the floor while holding the device.
2. Donner Guitar Stand
Donner stands are known for their durability. It is made of light and reinforced ABS plastic material paired with a high-quality silicone cushion.
The solid construction of the stand protects all contact points of your EUC from scratches.
For your ease, the stand is adjustable hence you can customize it according to the size of your EUC.
It comes with a foldable design and has rubber caps on its feet to prevent the stand from slipping. The collapsible nature of the stand makes it extremely convenient and portable to carry for travel.
3. Hola! Music Portable Guitar Stand
Another incredible option you can get for EUC is the Hola! Guitar stand.
With a wide size, the stand can fit large or small unicycles easily.
The stand comes integrated with a soft cushion to protect the device against scratches and other damages. Moreover, its non-slip silicone feet ensure the stable storage of your EUC.
4. Aroma Guitar Stand
If you want a portable stand without sacrificing the durability of the stand, then the Aroma guitar stand has been made for you.
This stylish stand has a collapsible design and can easily be carried around into your bag, ready to be used whenever needed.
Made with premium quality aircraft-grade aluminum tubes, the stand can easily store light or heavy EUC. Moreover, the stand is customizable and can be adjusted according to the size of your wheel.
Best Stands for Multiple EUCs
Many stands can hold multiple EUCs. The following is a list of the most recommended options.
5. YMC Universal Folding Triple Guitar Stand
This universal EUC stand comes with the capability to hold three EUCs. Its secure lock system ensures safe storage while the lightweight design of the stand makes it easy to lift and carry.
YMC has a metal construction and comes integrated with rubber feet to increase its stability.
The stand utilizes good quality materials and steel, making it durable enough to withstand the weight of three unicycles.
Moreover, the lightweight stand is foldable and can easily be flattened in seconds for easy storage and travel. The soft foam arms and rubber back protect EUCs from scratches and damages.
6. Gator Frameworks Adjustable Triple Guitar Stand
Gator Framework stand is designed to be as durable and strong as possible.
Composed of heavy-duty steel, the stand is an ideal choice for heavy EUCs. Its ergonomic design allows the EUC to hold up to 3 EUCs.
The stand has good stability due to its non-slip rubber feet and comes included with a removable safety trim.
Finally, if affordability is a top priority for you then this stand is an ideal choice.
Gator Framework stand is a far more economical choice compared to ordinary EUC stands. It can hold three electric unicycles at the price equivalent of a single EUC stand.
7. FITUEYES Guitar Stand
This is an incredibly versatile stand that can hold up to 5 EUCs simultaneously. The stand can easily be adjusted as per the height of your EUC.
Moreover, the structure comes with an easy folding and storage function.
Its high-quality metal can bear the weight of a heavy EUC as well. The stand also comes integrated with soft foam to protect your EUC against scratches and damages.
EUC stands are relatively new in the market and as such, they usually come with a hefty price tag.
However, they are an ideal solution to safely store your electric unicycles and protect them against dirt and rust. Any good EUC stand has quality, strength, durability, and stability to safely store the device.
And that’s exactly what you get from the aforementioned guitar stands along with a minimal price.
More Recommended Ebikes
Check out these other ebikes I've reviewed:
- Urban Arrow Ebike – Last year, I made one of the largest purchases I’ve ever made – I bought a $9,000 electric cargo bike from Urban Arrow. In my Urban Arrow review, I will discuss what it is and why I decided to buy this bike, as well as discuss how impactful a bike like this can be on your journey to financial independence.
- Troxus Explorer Step-Thru Ebike – The Troxus Explorer Step-Thru is a fat-tire ebike that I’ve had the pleasure of riding for a while now. It has amazing power, great looks, and awesome range. If you’re looking for a great fat-tire ebike that offers a lot for the price, the Troxus Explorer Step-Thru is definitely one for you to consider. Check out my Troxus Explorer Step-Thru Review.
- Hovsco HovBeta Ebike – The HovBeta is a folding ebike with great specs and a lot of interesting features, and importantly, it’s sold at a good price point. I’ve had a blast commuting with it and using it to do deliveries with DoorDash, Uber Eats, and Grubhub. Check out my Hovsco HovBeta Ebike Review.
- Vanpowers Manidae Ebike – The Vanpowers Manidae is a fat tire ebike that I’ve been riding as my primary winter commuting bike and have also been using it to do food delivery with apps like DoorDash, Uber Eats, and Grubhub. After clocking in a decent number of miles with this ebike, I wanted to write a post sharing what my experience with the Vanpowers Manidae ebike has been like. Check out my Vanpowers Manidae Review.
- Sohamo S3 Step-Thru Folding EBike Review – A Great Value Folding Ebike – The Sohamo S3 Step-Thru Folding Ebike is an entry-level folding ebike that offers a lot of value for the price point. I’ve been riding the Sohamo S3 for a while now, putting the bike through its paces, and I have to say, this bike has exceeded all of my expectations. Check out my Sohamo Review.
- KBO Flip Ebike – The KBO Flip is an excellent bike. I’ve had a great time riding it and think it’s a versatile bike that can be used for a lot of purposes and can fit a variety of lifestyles. It’s worked out great for me as a general commuter bike and as a food delivery bike. Check out my KBO Flip Review.
- Hiboy P7 Commuter Ebike – The Hiboy P7 is an excellent electric commuter bike that’s offered at an affordable price point. The range and speed of this bike are both very good, so you won’t have any trouble getting anywhere you need to go with it. As a food delivery vehicle, this is also good – with how much range it offers, you’ll be able to work all day on a single charge. Check out my Hiboy P7 Commuter Electric Bike Review.
- Himiway Escape Ebike – The Himiway Escape is an interesting bike for anyone looking for a moped-style ebike. If you’re a gig economy worker, the Himiway Escape is particularly interesting and it’s possible to think of it as an investment, especially if you can opt to do deliveries with the Himiway versus using a car. It’s not cheap, but you can definitely make your money back when you compare the mileage you’ll put on your car versus using an ebike. Check out my Himiway Escape Bike Review.
- Espin Sport Ebike – The Espin Sport is a good ebike for someone who is looking for an ebike that feels and rides more like a regular bike. There are many ebikes that are really only bikes in name. In reality, they’re basically electric mopeds. The Espin Sport, by contrast, is a bike you could probably ride without the battery and you’d feel like you’re just riding a regular bike. Check out my Espin Sport Review.
More Recommended Scooters
Check out these other scooters I've reviewed:
- Varla Eagle One Scooter – The Varla Eagle One is an excellent scooter that can make sense for a lot of people. It can work as a primary mode of transportation. You can use it to work on gig economy apps like DoorDash, Uber Eats, and Grubhub. And it can also be a recreational vehicle if you’d prefer to use it for that. Check out my Varla Eagle One Review.
- Varla Falcon Scooter – The Varla Falcon is an excellent scooter that offers a good amount of power at a lower price point compared to more powerful scooters. It’s not exactly an entry-level scooter, nor is it a high-powered scooter. I think it fits somewhere in-between those two categories – an intermediate scooter if I had to give it a category. Check out my Varla Falcon Review.
- Hiboy S2 Scooter – The Hiboy S2 is an excellent entry-level commuter scooter that's perfect for someone looking to save some money in transportation costs and improve their commute. Check out my Hiboy S2 Review.
- Hiboy S2R Scooter – The Hiboy S2R is one of the more interesting electric scooters I’ve been able to test out. It’s not a high-powered scooter, but for an everyday transport option, it’s very useful, especially given some of the unique features that it has. Indeed, for the price, the Hiboy S2R might be the best value scooter I’ve used. Check out my Hiboy S2R Review.
- GoTrax G5 Scooter – The GoTrax G5 Electric Scooter is a new commuter scooter from GoTrax that I’ve been riding for a while now. It’s a scooter that’s well-built, has a good top speed, and offers a lot of great features. And with a price point in the $500 range, it’s a scooter that offers a lot of value for the money too. Check out my GoTrax G5 Review.
- Sisigad Arrow Max Scooter – When it comes to scooters, you sometimes just need a solid, well-built, decently fast scooter to get you around. The Sisigad Arrow Max is an entry-level scooter that does exactly that. I’ve been riding it around a bunch lately – and so far – I find it to be a fun, affordable scooter that works well for commuting and getting around the city. Check out my Sisigad Arrow Max Review.
- Fucare H3 Scooter – The Fucare H3 is a fun scooter and I’ve enjoyed testing it out. For a daily commuter or quick trips or errands, the Fucare H3 is probably the scooter I’ll use. It’s portable and easy to maneuver, so it’s just easier to take on the road when I need it. Check out my Fucare H3 Scooter Review.