It is only natural to believe that a bike can get anywhere – anytime, overcoming the traffic and other problems that vehicles face. If you want to make it to a beach close to you in no time, you don’t necessarily need your vehicle if you have a bike.
So, would you have to hold your surfboard under your arms while you ride? No way.
You might want to consider investing in something that would be worthwhile – a surfboard bike rack. It would make you ride your bike easily, and at the same time help hold your board conveniently.
Therefore, if surfing and riding a bike are your hobbies, you should take a look at the list of surfboard bike rack options available on the market.
What Does the Surfboard Bike Rack Do?
Commuting with your bike needs to be as seamless as possible, and achieving that may almost be impossible if you have to hold a surfboard along.
However, with a surfboard bike rack, you can conveniently hold your board, and other attachable items you wish to take along without stress.
The bike rack is designed for convenience and comfort. It holds a surfboard tight enough for a rider to easily access other features of a bike for movement, such as the pedals and steer.
Generally, a surfboard rack is mounted onto the side or the rear of a bike, depending on the style or type.
Best Surfboard Bike Racks
Having described what a surfboard rack is used for, let’s take a look at the 7 popular best surfboard bike racks on the market. These racks will be reviewed based on their manufacturers, features, pros, and cons.
1. Ho Stevie! Surfboard Bike Rack
Ho Stevie! Surfboard Bike Rack is one of the best options on the market that can be used to safely transport your surfboard in an environment-friendly way.
It is suitable for boards up to 8 ft. long, and packed with features like carrier arms, and bungee cords.
This bike rack is built to work with different types of bikes from beach cruisers, to mountain bikes, BMX bikes, and road bikes.
It is also designed with aluminum material to enhance its durability and lightweight nature.
The confidence that comes with this rack is that it is quick and easy to install, as it also comes with hardware construction.
2. SolidGnik Surfboard Bike Rack
SolidGnik is one of the most reputable brands in the bicycle industry, and it is no surprise that they have a surf bike rack for biker-surfers.
This board rack is designed as a side-mounted option for easy carry and safe use. It is built strong and lightweight using stainless steel and aluminum materials – hence, it is eco-friendly.
SolidGnik rack is a super stable choice as it can hold weights up to 44 pounds with the help of its adjustable carrier arms and thick protective foam padding. It is also well-balanced on different road conditions.
Another interesting characteristic of this bike rack is that it is easy to assemble and also has a quick-release mechanism. It comes with other accessories such as bungee hooks, shims, and installation equipment.
3. Sikawai Surfboard Bike Rack
One of the best bike racks for shortboards, wakeboards, and boogie boards is the Sikawai Surfboard Bike Rack.
This rack is constructed with one of the best materials – Aluminum, making it resistant to rust and corrosion. This material is also responsible for its lightweight nature.
Furthermore, there is built-in soft sponge protection that protects both the board and the bike against scratching and rubbing on any type of road.
This eco-friendly board rack also has an easy installation, that within a minute or two, it is all set-up; it is a simple process. Additionally, it comes with a surfboard bracket for extraordinary cruising.
4. Moved By Bikes MBB Shortboard Surfboard Bicycle Rack
Moved by Bikes is one of the best brands in the business of making accessories for bikes. It is no surprise that the MBB shortboard surfboard bicycle rack is a well-addressed option.
This surfboard rack has a side mount, making it more convenient to move around and access bicycle features.
The significant thing about this board is that it is designed for shortboards – surfboards only up to 7 feet long. However, it has a quick and easy seatpost mounting for convenient use.
The rack is also made of an Aluminum material ensuring strength/durability, and light nature.
5. Moved By Bikes MBB Longboard Rack
Moved By Bikes doesn’t only make surfboard bike racks for shortboards, but also for longboards. One of their best inventions yet is the Longboard Rack.
This bike rack has anodized aluminum and stainless steel hardware that contributes to its durability, strength, and resistance to rust or destroying factors.
The rack is designed simply for riders looking for shortboard and longboard options, as it can accommodate boards up to 12 feet long. It is also side-mounted for convenience.
The MBB Longboard comes with some of the best features for excellent performance.
For instance, it has simple push buttons for adjusting the racks and a two-arm mount to the head tube to hold the board. This feature also mounts to the rear rack seat post of a bicycle.
There is also a dog leash loop attached to this rack.
6. Carver Surfboard Bike Rack
Carver is another brand committed towards making surfboard racks that will be easy to install and use without getting in the way.
It has a single point of installation, in which it mounts to the seat post of a bike.
The Carver surfboard bike rack comes with a simple design, and outstanding material quality, i.e., high-strength Aluminum, ensuring that it is resistant to rust. It is a durable material construction that cannot be destroyed by saltwater.
This rack, however, is primarily designed for shortboards – below 8ft. long.
It also comes with soft foam padding on the arms and bungee cords to fasten the surfboard properly.
7. COR Surf Surfboard Bike Rack
Another surf shortboard bike carrier rack that makes it to the list of top-rated bike racks is the one from COR.
This rack is a classic choice designed to give the utmost protection to a surfboard and the rider.
It is designed simply so that it is mounted to the seat post, which is quite an easy installation.
COR Surf Shortboard Bike Rack is made out of two incredible materials – Aluminum and Steel, which make sure that it is rust-proof and efficient.
This surfboard rack is also equipped with bright green foam padding and bungee cords to offer great comfort and better protection.
The arms are also designed adjustable for good fitting and mounting.
How to Choose the Best Surfboard Racks?
From the various options listed above, it may be almost impossible to decide on a particular choice of rack. What you should do, therefore, is make decisions using the following factors.
Board Rack Mount Type
First, you need to determine the mount type of the surfboard rack and see if it is exactly what your bike can handle or not.
Ideally, there are three types of the mount when it comes to a board bike rack – the side-mount, the trailer-mount, and the rear-mount.
The side-mount rack is the commonest type and it is beginner-friendly. It is a good choice for longboards and small ones alike. It doesn’t also require having unique skills at all.
The rear-mount rack is a bit pro but it allows a rider to have quite the performance on a bicycle. It is designed suitable for shortboards because the weight from long ones may affect its balance.
The last type, the trailer-mount or cargo rack, is designed for larger boards. This bike rack is heavyweight and might need a little extension of your bicycle.
When selecting a surf rack for your bike, you need to consider the material type because it determines durability and resistance to damaging factors that may be present at the beach – saltwater, for instance.
The two incredible material options to choose from are the tig welded 6061 Aluminum and Stainless steel.
However, the 6061 Aluminum ensures there is a drop in the weight, for easy use.
Choosing a bicycle rack on the basis of how it is easy to install is also important.
Finally, you need to decide on whether you want a long or a surf shortboard bike carrier depending on your surfboard length.
Boards above 8ft., need longer racks, while those below 8ft., need short ones.
Knowing what to choose when you are presented with many options of board racks is quite difficult.
That is why you need a guide on the best choices on the market, and how to successfully pick one that will be beneficial to you.
Each of these surfboard bike racks has shown how it would be useful, and the various features that come with them.
Hence, you don’t have to worry about mounting or how to carry your longboards or shortboards anymore.
Overall, surfboard bike racks are useful for everyone who likes riding bikes and surfing at a beach simultaneously.
More Recommended Ebikes
Check out these other ebikes I've reviewed:
- Urban Arrow Ebike – Last year, I made one of the largest purchases I’ve ever made – I bought a $9,000 electric cargo bike from Urban Arrow. In my Urban Arrow review, I will discuss what it is and why I decided to buy this bike, as well as discuss how impactful a bike like this can be on your journey to financial independence.
- Troxus Explorer Step-Thru Ebike – The Troxus Explorer Step-Thru is a fat-tire ebike that I’ve had the pleasure of riding for a while now. It has amazing power, great looks, and awesome range. If you’re looking for a great fat-tire ebike that offers a lot for the price, the Troxus Explorer Step-Thru is definitely one for you to consider. Check out my Troxus Explorer Step-Thru Review.
- Hovsco HovBeta Ebike – The HovBeta is a folding ebike with great specs and a lot of interesting features, and importantly, it’s sold at a good price point. I’ve had a blast commuting with it and using it to do deliveries with DoorDash, Uber Eats, and Grubhub. Check out my Hovsco HovBeta Ebike Review.
- Vanpowers Manidae Ebike – The Vanpowers Manidae is a fat tire ebike that I’ve been riding as my primary winter commuting bike and have also been using it to do food delivery with apps like DoorDash, Uber Eats, and Grubhub. After clocking in a decent number of miles with this ebike, I wanted to write a post sharing what my experience with the Vanpowers Manidae ebike has been like. Check out my Vanpowers Manidae Review.
- Sohamo S3 Step-Thru Folding EBike Review – A Great Value Folding Ebike – The Sohamo S3 Step-Thru Folding Ebike is an entry-level folding ebike that offers a lot of value for the price point. I’ve been riding the Sohamo S3 for a while now, putting the bike through its paces, and I have to say, this bike has exceeded all of my expectations. Check out my Sohamo Review.
- KBO Flip Ebike – The KBO Flip is an excellent bike. I’ve had a great time riding it and think it’s a versatile bike that can be used for a lot of purposes and can fit a variety of lifestyles. It’s worked out great for me as a general commuter bike and as a food delivery bike. Check out my KBO Flip Review.
- Hiboy P7 Commuter Ebike – The Hiboy P7 is an excellent electric commuter bike that’s offered at an affordable price point. The range and speed of this bike are both very good, so you won’t have any trouble getting anywhere you need to go with it. As a food delivery vehicle, this is also good – with how much range it offers, you’ll be able to work all day on a single charge. Check out my Hiboy P7 Commuter Electric Bike Review.
- Himiway Escape Ebike – The Himiway Escape is an interesting bike for anyone looking for a moped-style ebike. If you’re a gig economy worker, the Himiway Escape is particularly interesting and it’s possible to think of it as an investment, especially if you can opt to do deliveries with the Himiway versus using a car. It’s not cheap, but you can definitely make your money back when you compare the mileage you’ll put on your car versus using an ebike. Check out my Himiway Escape Bike Review.
- Espin Sport Ebike – The Espin Sport is a good ebike for someone who is looking for an ebike that feels and rides more like a regular bike. There are many ebikes that are really only bikes in name. In reality, they’re basically electric mopeds. The Espin Sport, by contrast, is a bike you could probably ride without the battery and you’d feel like you’re just riding a regular bike. Check out my Espin Sport Review.
More Recommended Scooters
Check out these other scooters I've reviewed:
- Varla Eagle One Scooter – The Varla Eagle One is an excellent scooter that can make sense for a lot of people. It can work as a primary mode of transportation. You can use it to work on gig economy apps like DoorDash, Uber Eats, and Grubhub. And it can also be a recreational vehicle if you’d prefer to use it for that. Check out my Varla Eagle One Review.
- Varla Falcon Scooter – The Varla Falcon is an excellent scooter that offers a good amount of power at a lower price point compared to more powerful scooters. It’s not exactly an entry-level scooter, nor is it a high-powered scooter. I think it fits somewhere in-between those two categories – an intermediate scooter if I had to give it a category. Check out my Varla Falcon Review.
- Hiboy S2 Scooter – The Hiboy S2 is an excellent entry-level commuter scooter that's perfect for someone looking to save some money in transportation costs and improve their commute. Check out my Hiboy S2 Review.
- Hiboy S2R Scooter – The Hiboy S2R is one of the more interesting electric scooters I’ve been able to test out. It’s not a high-powered scooter, but for an everyday transport option, it’s very useful, especially given some of the unique features that it has. Indeed, for the price, the Hiboy S2R might be the best value scooter I’ve used. Check out my Hiboy S2R Review.
- GoTrax G5 Scooter – The GoTrax G5 Electric Scooter is a new commuter scooter from GoTrax that I’ve been riding for a while now. It’s a scooter that’s well-built, has a good top speed, and offers a lot of great features. And with a price point in the $500 range, it’s a scooter that offers a lot of value for the money too. Check out my GoTrax G5 Review.
- Sisigad Arrow Max Scooter – When it comes to scooters, you sometimes just need a solid, well-built, decently fast scooter to get you around. The Sisigad Arrow Max is an entry-level scooter that does exactly that. I’ve been riding it around a bunch lately – and so far – I find it to be a fun, affordable scooter that works well for commuting and getting around the city. Check out my Sisigad Arrow Max Review.
- Fucare H3 Scooter – The Fucare H3 is a fun scooter and I’ve enjoyed testing it out. For a daily commuter or quick trips or errands, the Fucare H3 is probably the scooter I’ll use. It’s portable and easy to maneuver, so it’s just easier to take on the road when I need it. Check out my Fucare H3 Scooter Review.