Only a subset of niche riders enjoys small electric bikes. Besides looking like a fun toy. Small e-bikes often help senior or injured riders get around effortless.
Blown hip, knee replacement, or back injury are all health-related issues that impede walking. Typically walking or standing for a long period of time isn’t feasible. These sorts of riders would greatly benefit from a mini e-bike.
Small electric bikes let riders get around and save you limited walking time. Therefore, being able to move freely around the office, mall, or around the neighborhood isn’t difficult.
It also helps you to experience and appreciates the beauty of your surroundings. One cannot deny that electric bikes are the most convenient when it comes to moving around.
Not to mention mini e-bikes do not emit any emissions. Therefore, they are environmentally friendly. Secondly, you do not need a lot of effort to power the bikes compared to the other manual bikes.
We compiled a list of the top 10 small electric bicycles that pack a lot of power so you can keep moving.
1. SwagCycle Pro Folding Electric Bike
The SwagCylce pro electric folding bike. It is a mini e-bike that allows you to move around conveniently and in style. The bike can move at speeds of up to 18 miles per hour. Featuring the latest technology in electric transportation.
The bike can be paired with the SwagCyle II app. Allowing riders to check the speed of the bike, battery life, and even optimize the bike speed. This will allow you to ride comfortably without any worries.
The bike can move up hills inclined up to 12 degrees. The swag cycle pro has rubber wheels. Which are filled with air for better traction and shock absorption to ensure that your ride is smooth.
The best part is that the bike has collapsible handles and a foldable stem. This makes it easy for commuters to carry it around without any hassle.
2. Jetson Bolt Folding E-Bike
The Jetson Bolt is a cost-effective folding electric bike. The bike is designed with a foldable stem. Allowing commuters to move around effortlessly for their daily commute.
The bike has 12-inch tires that are air inflated and rear disc brakes to ensure that the ride is super smooth.
Jetson Bolt has a twist throttle for effortless acceleration. Equipped with a concealed 250-watt battery. Accelerating to a top speed of 16 miles per hour, with a mile range of 15 miles.
The mini electric bicycle remains visible with front and rear LED lights to make it safe for the rider even at night.
Its portability cannot go unnoticed. The bike has a collapsible folding stem. Making it convenient for carrying around and storing. There is a range of colors produced to suit your taste and preferences.
3. Ancheer Mini-Size Folding Electric Bike
The Ancheer mini size electric bike is a compact electric bike that allows you to commute comfortably and in style. The bike manufacturers have replaced the pedals with footrests.
This because pedals are rarely used and simply add more weight to the bike. The bike has a battery of 350 watts, which allows you to accelerate to speeds of up to 15 miles per hour.
Also has a maximum range of 12 miles. The battery can also climb hills inclined at 30 degrees and has a charge time of 2 to 3 hours. The Ancheer minibike has small pneumatic wheels.
They are 12 inches and built to support all types of terrains comfortably. The seat of the bike is made of soft composite material to make it comfortable. The bike has dual disc brakes and battery-powered front and rear lights.
It has a carrying handle that is placed on the stem to make it easier for carrying the bike. The bike can support a maximum weight of 250lbs.
4. Hiboy P10 Folding Electric Bike
The Hiboy P10 is an adult electric minibike designed to satisfy your daily needs. It has a built-in 350W hub motor and large fat tires, which allow a maximum speed of up to 15.5Mph.
The bike, which supports a maximum load of 264lbs, has a range of 21.6 miles with a full battery charge.
The bike has a double braking system. which combines front and rear disc brakes, it is more accurate and safer. The bike also has a battery-powered head and taillights which provides that the ride is safe even at night.
The frame of the bike is designed to be foldable for easy and convenient carrying. Store it in the trunk and to save max space. The lightweight and anti-pressure frame decrease the Gyroor weight to 35.2lbs.
This means that the bike can be carried around in one hand. There are 3 modes for the bike, E-bike mode, Assisted bicycle mode, and Regular bike mode.
There is a rear-drive motor to provide more power when going up-hill. Hiboy P10 maintains a max slope capacity of 15%.
5. TopMate ES31 Electric Bike/Scooter
The TopMate ES31 is an electric scooter that is designed to bring you freedom in your daily commute. The bike has a longer rear axle, which increases stability significantly.
The bike has a three-speed gear with a capability of a maximum speed of 22 km/h, which can be adjusted freely. The first gear can ride up to 6km/h, the second 12km/h, and the third to top speed.
The bike is fitted with three shock absorbers. With one on the seat to make the ride even more comfortable and stable. The bike is built with aviation aluminum alloy, which is strong and light.
It can support a weight of up to 220 lbs, only weighing 30 lbs. For safety reasons, people under 60 years are recommended to ride TopMate ES31. As it requires basic balancing capabilities.
6. Dolphin Style 350W Folding Electric Bike
This Dolphin style electric bike is the perfect bike for those who need relief from the heavy traffic pressure. From the office worker to the house it covers all bases.
The bike has a foldable stem for easy storage and to save on space. The bike has a 350W battery, which can travel to a maximum speed of 19 Mph and with a travel range of 12 miles.
The tire is shock-absorbent providing a smooth riding experience during bumpy terrain.
The bike is designed with battery-powered head and taillights. Ensuring safe riding even at night.
The bike has a Bluetooth feature to support its android/ios app. The app monitoring various parameters like speed, hub motor locking, and milage time recording.
The bike has 12-inch tires for better traction and disc brakes for safe and reliable stopping.
7. Spadger Lightweight Electric Folding Bike
The Spadger folding lightweight electric bike is another revolutionary electric bike. This bike combines both the electric and manual design features of the bike. You can either ride comfortably with the throttle or cycle your way with pedal assist.
The bike has a lightweight body designed will an aluminum alloy frame. Its folding nature saves on storage space. Also, an added convenience when comes to carrying the bike around. The bike has two shock absorber wheels and a cruise control system.
Ensuring a smooth and comfortable ride at constant speeds. Allowing riders to ease the riding fatigue caused by inconsistent speeds.
Spadger has a 250W inbuilt battery which can travel to a maximum speed of 15.5 Mph, and a range of 21 miles. The maximum charge time for the battery is 2 hours. The bike can support a load of up to 300 lbs.
The Spadger team offers 24/7 support system. You can contact them for any inquiries and get a response within 24 hours.
8. Kepteen 350W Folding Electric Bicycle
The Kepteen 350W is a folding electric bike designed with an aluminum alloy frame. It’s foldable to save on space and for easy transportation.
The bike has a lithium battery with a 36V 6Ah capacity. The bike has a high-speed hub motor that can power it to a top speed of 36 km/h and a range of 15miles.
The battery also has a charge time of 3 hours. The bike is Eco friendly and fully electric with 0 emissions. It has rear disc brakes that provide better control. In addition, Kepteen has a battery-powered headlight and rear taillight.
Making it even safer to ride at night. The bike is equipped with a mobile application for support. The app is supported for both android and IOS users and provides 24/7 support for all your needs.
9. Swagtron SwagCycle Classic E-Bike
Swagtron has a large selection of electric bikes varying in all sorts of shapes and sizes. The Swagcycle classic is a compact and mini version of its other popular Swagcycle.
The bike is designed with a look of a bicycle but the feel of a motorbike.
The bike is equipped with a 250W hub motor and a 36V battery. It can accelerate to a top speed of 10 Mph and has a range of 10 miles.
The bike is designed with a collapsible stem for secure storage and transportation. The bike has a handlebar control system.
Allowing you to check the speed/control among other things like the headlights, horn, and accelerator. The bike is fitted with a micro USB port that enables you to charge the bike as you ride.
The Swagcycle Classic is eco-friendly and fully electric. Sporting a full twist throttle to get you going!
10. TopMate ES30 Electric Scooter
TopMate has a few an assortment of various mini e-bikes and some interesting iterations on the folding bike. TopMate ES30 is a mini fold-able electric/scooter tricycle. It’s designed to give you absolute comfort when riding.
The bike is designed with a longer rear axle, which makes the bike more stable. The tricycle is made with a foldable stem for easier transportation and to save space on storage.
The bike has three adjustable gear speeds with a top speed of 22km/h on the third gear. The tricycle is fitted with three shock absorbers.
Two suspension shock absorbers on the rear axle to increase stability and to provide a smooth ride. The tricycle has a great load-bearing capacity supporting a load of up to 220 lbs.
Throttle vs Pedal Assist
Most of the mini e-bikes on this list are throttle only. The throttle provides additional speed without have to pedal the bicycle.
An electric bike with a throttle can be compared to an electric scooter. Since it doesn’t require input from the rider to go. Throttles are great, especially if your leg power is a bit weak.
On the other hand, pedal-assist eases the mechanical output from riders pedaling. This operating mode is designed to turn on the e-bike motor to help riders pedal. This additional speed tops off until it hits a legal max speed of 20 miles per hour.
Conclusion – Best Small E-Bike Is?
In conclusion, mini e-bikes are a great way to move around, especially if you live in an area where there are bike lanes and a lot of traffic.
They are highly convenient and environmentally friendly because they give zero emissions. They allow you to move around tight places like the streets and beach corridors with ease.
Most if not all the mini e-bikes on this list do not require pedaling of any kind. Only a flick of the throttle will have you moving instantly.
A huge benefit for seniors, injured individuals, or any rider that doesn’t enjoy pedaling. Mini e-bikes help removes the negative stigma that most feel and that helplessness.
It gives you back your freedom. There is no better way to move around than with the use of a mini e-bike.
More Recommended Ebikes
Check out these other ebikes I've reviewed:
- Urban Arrow Ebike – Last year, I made one of the largest purchases I’ve ever made – I bought a $9,000 electric cargo bike from Urban Arrow. In my Urban Arrow review, I will discuss what it is and why I decided to buy this bike, as well as discuss how impactful a bike like this can be on your journey to financial independence.
- Troxus Explorer Step-Thru Ebike – The Troxus Explorer Step-Thru is a fat-tire ebike that I’ve had the pleasure of riding for a while now. It has amazing power, great looks, and awesome range. If you’re looking for a great fat-tire ebike that offers a lot for the price, the Troxus Explorer Step-Thru is definitely one for you to consider. Check out my Troxus Explorer Step-Thru Review.
- Hovsco HovBeta Ebike – The HovBeta is a folding ebike with great specs and a lot of interesting features, and importantly, it’s sold at a good price point. I’ve had a blast commuting with it and using it to do deliveries with DoorDash, Uber Eats, and Grubhub. Check out my Hovsco HovBeta Ebike Review.
- Vanpowers Manidae Ebike – The Vanpowers Manidae is a fat tire ebike that I’ve been riding as my primary winter commuting bike and have also been using it to do food delivery with apps like DoorDash, Uber Eats, and Grubhub. After clocking in a decent number of miles with this ebike, I wanted to write a post sharing what my experience with the Vanpowers Manidae ebike has been like. Check out my Vanpowers Manidae Review.
- Sohamo S3 Step-Thru Folding EBike Review – A Great Value Folding Ebike – The Sohamo S3 Step-Thru Folding Ebike is an entry-level folding ebike that offers a lot of value for the price point. I’ve been riding the Sohamo S3 for a while now, putting the bike through its paces, and I have to say, this bike has exceeded all of my expectations. Check out my Sohamo Review.
- KBO Flip Ebike – The KBO Flip is an excellent bike. I’ve had a great time riding it and think it’s a versatile bike that can be used for a lot of purposes and can fit a variety of lifestyles. It’s worked out great for me as a general commuter bike and as a food delivery bike. Check out my KBO Flip Review.
- Hiboy P7 Commuter Ebike – The Hiboy P7 is an excellent electric commuter bike that’s offered at an affordable price point. The range and speed of this bike are both very good, so you won’t have any trouble getting anywhere you need to go with it. As a food delivery vehicle, this is also good – with how much range it offers, you’ll be able to work all day on a single charge. Check out my Hiboy P7 Commuter Electric Bike Review.
- Himiway Escape Ebike – The Himiway Escape is an interesting bike for anyone looking for a moped-style ebike. If you’re a gig economy worker, the Himiway Escape is particularly interesting and it’s possible to think of it as an investment, especially if you can opt to do deliveries with the Himiway versus using a car. It’s not cheap, but you can definitely make your money back when you compare the mileage you’ll put on your car versus using an ebike. Check out my Himiway Escape Bike Review.
- Espin Sport Ebike – The Espin Sport is a good ebike for someone who is looking for an ebike that feels and rides more like a regular bike. There are many ebikes that are really only bikes in name. In reality, they’re basically electric mopeds. The Espin Sport, by contrast, is a bike you could probably ride without the battery and you’d feel like you’re just riding a regular bike. Check out my Espin Sport Review.
More Recommended Scooters
Check out these other scooters I've reviewed:
- Varla Eagle One Scooter – The Varla Eagle One is an excellent scooter that can make sense for a lot of people. It can work as a primary mode of transportation. You can use it to work on gig economy apps like DoorDash, Uber Eats, and Grubhub. And it can also be a recreational vehicle if you’d prefer to use it for that. Check out my Varla Eagle One Review.
- Varla Falcon Scooter – The Varla Falcon is an excellent scooter that offers a good amount of power at a lower price point compared to more powerful scooters. It’s not exactly an entry-level scooter, nor is it a high-powered scooter. I think it fits somewhere in-between those two categories – an intermediate scooter if I had to give it a category. Check out my Varla Falcon Review.
- Hiboy S2 Scooter – The Hiboy S2 is an excellent entry-level commuter scooter that's perfect for someone looking to save some money in transportation costs and improve their commute. Check out my Hiboy S2 Review.
- Hiboy S2R Scooter – The Hiboy S2R is one of the more interesting electric scooters I’ve been able to test out. It’s not a high-powered scooter, but for an everyday transport option, it’s very useful, especially given some of the unique features that it has. Indeed, for the price, the Hiboy S2R might be the best value scooter I’ve used. Check out my Hiboy S2R Review.
- GoTrax G5 Scooter – The GoTrax G5 Electric Scooter is a new commuter scooter from GoTrax that I’ve been riding for a while now. It’s a scooter that’s well-built, has a good top speed, and offers a lot of great features. And with a price point in the $500 range, it’s a scooter that offers a lot of value for the money too. Check out my GoTrax G5 Review.
- Sisigad Arrow Max Scooter – When it comes to scooters, you sometimes just need a solid, well-built, decently fast scooter to get you around. The Sisigad Arrow Max is an entry-level scooter that does exactly that. I’ve been riding it around a bunch lately – and so far – I find it to be a fun, affordable scooter that works well for commuting and getting around the city. Check out my Sisigad Arrow Max Review.
- Fucare H3 Scooter – The Fucare H3 is a fun scooter and I’ve enjoyed testing it out. For a daily commuter or quick trips or errands, the Fucare H3 is probably the scooter I’ll use. It’s portable and easy to maneuver, so it’s just easier to take on the road when I need it. Check out my Fucare H3 Scooter Review.