Even if you are not into cars, you’ll probably recognize a Ferrari or a Lamborghini. These super-cars are famous because of their speed, over-the-top functions, and extravagant price tags.
Ever wondered what a supercar equivalent of an electric skateboard would look like? Well, you don’t have to guess anymore.
The BajaBoard Pantera is a perfect electric skateboard to fill that role. It’s super-fast, excessive, and costs a fortune.
Let’s take a look now.
Considerations Before Buying an Electric Skateboard
Before we start discussing the features and advantages of the BajaBoard Pantera, let’s take a look at the major factors you should consider when selecting an electric skateboard.
These tips will not only help you buy the best electric skateboard but also help you understand why the BajaBoard is so popular and is often dubbed as the McLaren of all the electric skateboards in the market.
The dimensions are an important parameter for maintaining balance on an electric skateboard. Many people think that they should select something slender as it will be easier to control.
However, that’s not the case.
Your electric skateboard needs to have enough space so you can plant your feet on it easily.
2. Off-roading Capabilities
Another important factor for selecting an electric skateboard is its off-roading capability.
The wheel design, motor power, suspension, and other features determine the allowed terrains for an electric skateboard.
Paved roads are naturally, the most suitable terrain, where all kinds of electric skateboards perform to their maximum capabilities. Some electric skateboards can navigate grassy areas, or a mountainous path, but at the expense of their battery.
3. Battery and Motor Power
The battery and capabilities of the motor are integral features that dictate important capabilities like the speed and overall range of an electric skateboard. You should also check the overall time required to charge a battery to 100%. This time depends on the technology and the condition of the battery.
4. Top Speed
Another important factor for any electric skateboard is the top-speeds it can achieve. The size of the motor and your overall weight are the two most important factors that determine that.
The top speeds of regular electric boards range from 12mph to 40 mph, while the average is around 2 mph.
5. Material and Build-Quality
The material and build-quality play a crucial role in determining the performance parameters of any electric skateboard. The material of the deck dictates how much weight your e-board can sustain, but also affect the overall weight of the board.
If you want a lighter electric skateboard you can carry around, you’ll have to compromise on the overall weight tolerance.
There are, however, some materials that have a high enough strength-to-weight ratio to sustain high loads without increasing their weight.
Key Feature of the BajaBoard Pantera Electric Skateboard
Now, you are aware of the required qualities in any electric skateboard, let’s take a detailed look at the qualities of the BajaBoard Pantera.
A Large and Stable Deck
When it comes to stability and dimension, you won’t be disappointed by the BajaBoard. I believe that the manufacturers went a little overboard with the design. The electric skateboard now looks like a little tank.
However, this is certain that you will not find a more stable electric skateboard in the market.
Apart from the functional aspect of the design, the looks are another dominating feature of the Deck.
Despite people’s claim on focusing solely on the functions, people generally prefer to own things that stand out and the BajaBoard surely does that.
A Sturdy and Powerful Frame
The manufacturers of BajaBoard make sure that the product oozes power and for that, having a dominating frame is necessary.
The electric skateboard comes with premium quality materials that can last for years and sustain extra-ordinary loads.
The overengineered electric skateboard comes with 4 powerful motors that possess the ability to independently operate with the help of a differential.
Moreover, the performance is even augmented by the internal motor controllers that offer incredible torque and acceleration to the users.
A Range of 30 Miles
Given the number and operating parameters of the attached motors, you might expect the BajaBoard Pantera to cover only a short distance on a single charge.
However, its overall capabilities are augmented by the 1100Wh battery and other capabilities that give it a range of around 30 miles.
If you are planning to use this electric skateboard for commute, you’ll find the BajaBoard to be more than enough.
Unmatched Top-Speed (44 mph)
Perhaps the most unique aspect of owning the BajaBoard Pantera is its excessive top-speed. I believe that this capability is extremely over-engineered and has very limited practicality apart from making a lot of noise in the market.
However, maintaining the claim that no electric skateboard can match the top-speed for such a long time is still an impressive feat.
Another unique aspect of the BajaBoard electric skateboard is its off-roading capability. Just like a 4×4 car, the wheels of BajaBoard Pantera operate independently and are enhanced by the excellent suspension system.
We at Sturdy Wheel believe that it would be very difficult for you to find any other electric skateboard in the market that can hold a candle against the suspension system of the BajaBoard Pantera.
Pros and Cons of the BajaBoard Pantera
|Incredible top speedThe overall range of 30 miles1100Wh battery capacity10’ wheels1-year warranty from the manufacturersAnodized alloy rims and controllersThe peak output power of 8000W4 independent motors for off-roading||ExpensiveMaintenance may be hard because of complicated design and lack of technical information Too advanced for beginners and intermediate users|
The BajaBoard Pantera requires a significant investment. So, it’s best to make sure it lives up to the hype by looking at what other customers say. We have selected some of the reviews from the internet for you to go through.
The first comment is from Pete, who believes that the BajaBoard fulfills all of his expectations. The electric skateboard is quite over-engineered, so no surprises there.
The second person, Mike, is in love with the suspension and off-roading capabilities. What’s not to love about the ability to go anywhere without thinking about the capabilities of your device.
We agree with John. The BajaBoard Pantera is an actual supercar equivalent of electric skateboards. It can be the Tesla, McLaren, or whatever supercar you want to call it.
Then there is this legend. No comments for you mate!
What differentiates a supercar from other options in the market is over-the-top features. They come with numerous features that have little to no use in the regular product lifecycle.
Similarly, the BajaBoard Pantera is a premium electric skateboard that goes beyond excessive in each department.
From its top speed to the dominating design, and its powerful suspension, the BajaBoard Pantera is truly an engineering marvel.
So, what do you think? Do you see yourself cruising at 44 mph?
Or do you agree that the BajaBoard Pantera is truly a marketing gimmick and you can get better results with a cheaper, and simpler model?
Let us know what you think.
More Recommended Ebikes
Check out these other ebikes I've reviewed:
- Urban Arrow Ebike – Last year, I made one of the largest purchases I’ve ever made – I bought a $9,000 electric cargo bike from Urban Arrow. In my Urban Arrow review, I will discuss what it is and why I decided to buy this bike, as well as discuss how impactful a bike like this can be on your journey to financial independence.
- Troxus Explorer Step-Thru Ebike – The Troxus Explorer Step-Thru is a fat-tire ebike that I’ve had the pleasure of riding for a while now. It has amazing power, great looks, and awesome range. If you’re looking for a great fat-tire ebike that offers a lot for the price, the Troxus Explorer Step-Thru is definitely one for you to consider. Check out my Troxus Explorer Step-Thru Review.
- Hovsco HovBeta Ebike – The HovBeta is a folding ebike with great specs and a lot of interesting features, and importantly, it’s sold at a good price point. I’ve had a blast commuting with it and using it to do deliveries with DoorDash, Uber Eats, and Grubhub. Check out my Hovsco HovBeta Ebike Review.
- Vanpowers Manidae Ebike – The Vanpowers Manidae is a fat tire ebike that I’ve been riding as my primary winter commuting bike and have also been using it to do food delivery with apps like DoorDash, Uber Eats, and Grubhub. After clocking in a decent number of miles with this ebike, I wanted to write a post sharing what my experience with the Vanpowers Manidae ebike has been like. Check out my Vanpowers Manidae Review.
- Sohamo S3 Step-Thru Folding EBike Review – A Great Value Folding Ebike – The Sohamo S3 Step-Thru Folding Ebike is an entry-level folding ebike that offers a lot of value for the price point. I’ve been riding the Sohamo S3 for a while now, putting the bike through its paces, and I have to say, this bike has exceeded all of my expectations. Check out my Sohamo Review.
- KBO Flip Ebike – The KBO Flip is an excellent bike. I’ve had a great time riding it and think it’s a versatile bike that can be used for a lot of purposes and can fit a variety of lifestyles. It’s worked out great for me as a general commuter bike and as a food delivery bike. Check out my KBO Flip Review.
- Hiboy P7 Commuter Ebike – The Hiboy P7 is an excellent electric commuter bike that’s offered at an affordable price point. The range and speed of this bike are both very good, so you won’t have any trouble getting anywhere you need to go with it. As a food delivery vehicle, this is also good – with how much range it offers, you’ll be able to work all day on a single charge. Check out my Hiboy P7 Commuter Electric Bike Review.
- Himiway Escape Ebike – The Himiway Escape is an interesting bike for anyone looking for a moped-style ebike. If you’re a gig economy worker, the Himiway Escape is particularly interesting and it’s possible to think of it as an investment, especially if you can opt to do deliveries with the Himiway versus using a car. It’s not cheap, but you can definitely make your money back when you compare the mileage you’ll put on your car versus using an ebike. Check out my Himiway Escape Bike Review.
- Espin Sport Ebike – The Espin Sport is a good ebike for someone who is looking for an ebike that feels and rides more like a regular bike. There are many ebikes that are really only bikes in name. In reality, they’re basically electric mopeds. The Espin Sport, by contrast, is a bike you could probably ride without the battery and you’d feel like you’re just riding a regular bike. Check out my Espin Sport Review.
More Recommended Scooters
Check out these other scooters I've reviewed:
- Varla Eagle One Scooter – The Varla Eagle One is an excellent scooter that can make sense for a lot of people. It can work as a primary mode of transportation. You can use it to work on gig economy apps like DoorDash, Uber Eats, and Grubhub. And it can also be a recreational vehicle if you’d prefer to use it for that. Check out my Varla Eagle One Review.
- Varla Falcon Scooter – The Varla Falcon is an excellent scooter that offers a good amount of power at a lower price point compared to more powerful scooters. It’s not exactly an entry-level scooter, nor is it a high-powered scooter. I think it fits somewhere in-between those two categories – an intermediate scooter if I had to give it a category. Check out my Varla Falcon Review.
- Hiboy S2 Scooter – The Hiboy S2 is an excellent entry-level commuter scooter that's perfect for someone looking to save some money in transportation costs and improve their commute. Check out my Hiboy S2 Review.
- Hiboy S2R Scooter – The Hiboy S2R is one of the more interesting electric scooters I’ve been able to test out. It’s not a high-powered scooter, but for an everyday transport option, it’s very useful, especially given some of the unique features that it has. Indeed, for the price, the Hiboy S2R might be the best value scooter I’ve used. Check out my Hiboy S2R Review.
- GoTrax G5 Scooter – The GoTrax G5 Electric Scooter is a new commuter scooter from GoTrax that I’ve been riding for a while now. It’s a scooter that’s well-built, has a good top speed, and offers a lot of great features. And with a price point in the $500 range, it’s a scooter that offers a lot of value for the money too. Check out my GoTrax G5 Review.
- Sisigad Arrow Max Scooter – When it comes to scooters, you sometimes just need a solid, well-built, decently fast scooter to get you around. The Sisigad Arrow Max is an entry-level scooter that does exactly that. I’ve been riding it around a bunch lately – and so far – I find it to be a fun, affordable scooter that works well for commuting and getting around the city. Check out my Sisigad Arrow Max Review.
- Fucare H3 Scooter – The Fucare H3 is a fun scooter and I’ve enjoyed testing it out. For a daily commuter or quick trips or errands, the Fucare H3 is probably the scooter I’ll use. It’s portable and easy to maneuver, so it’s just easier to take on the road when I need it. Check out my Fucare H3 Scooter Review.