Electric skateboards are fun! Most people get attracted to them because of their novelty, convenience, and aesthetics. However, a large chunk of the customer base thinks of speed as the most important factor.
While it has been a short time since electric skateboards were popularized. Numerous high-speed racing competitions have started in this field. While the sport is not too popular right now, it is bound to become something spectacular in the coming years.
5 Best Electric Skateboards that Zoom Past 25 MPH
While looking for a fast electric skateboard, you might overlook some other important considerations that can affect your experience.
Luckily, you are at the right place! At Sturdy Wheel, we analyzed the numerous options available in the market and present you with the five best options that are fast, powerful, cost-effective, and provide the best overall experience to the users.
So without any delay, let’s take a look at our options.
1. SKATEBOLT Tornado Pro Electric Skateboard
Talking about the fastest electric skateboards with the best features and not discussing this incredible option by Skatebolt is almost impossible. The Skatebolt Tornado-Pro electric skateboard comes with all the bells and whistles you can expect from a premium model.
The Skatebolt Tornado Pro comes with powerful dual hub motors and has the capacity to climb a 25% gradient with relative ease.
This electric skateboard has a max speed of 27 mph and regenerative braking capability to ensure safe braking at a downward slope as well.
Overall, this electric skateboard is a powerful option and a viable choice for someone needing a fast electric skateboard with exceptional safety features and performance characteristics.
2. Teamgee H20 9.6Ah Electric Skateboard
This is a powerful option in the market that caters to numerous customer segments. This electric longboard gets full marks in both functionality and aesthetics because of its appealing color scheme powerful characteristics.
The Teamgee electric skateboard comes with a powerful 1080W motor and can reach the top speed of 25 miles per hour.
Its adjustable wireless remote gives you full control over the speed you need.
The electric skateboard also has an exceptional braking system and the capability to navigate high slopes easily.
It doesn’t matter if you are a novice or an expert, the Teamgee H20 electric skateboard can adapt according to your needs and deliver excellent performance with consistency.
3. RALDEY AT-V3S Electric Skateboard
RALDEY AT-V3S electric skateboards are a premium choice for skateboarding enthusiasts who need a powerful variant with unmatched capabilities.
Among all the electric skateboards in this list, this one has the most capabilities, but the cost is high as well.
Raldey electric skateboards are also effective for off-road applications because of their incredible Carbon Fiber frame and sturdy wheels.
Radley electric skateboards are suitable for riders of all levels as it allows you to control the output and comes with numerous safety features.
4 – FAST & FURIOUS FT001 Electric Skateboard
An electric skateboard that truly lives up to its name. This is an incredible option that has a top speed of 25 mph and a max range of 17 miles.
On the aesthetic front, the FT001 is a definite winner. You’ll fall in love with its simplistic, yet flashy design with colorful smart light. The board has a perfect COG, which allows you to maintain your balance and maneuver effectively at all times.
Despite its top speed, you’ll find it easy to control this skateboard because of its braking system. This variant also features a powerful lithium-ion battery and a multifunctional remote control with outstanding capabilities.
5. MEEPO V3 Electric Skateboard
Our final listing is the MEEPO V3 skateboard that has an incredible design and a powerful motor that allows it to go past the speed of 25 mph.
The skateboard has a max speed of 28 mph and offers multiple riding modes to facilitate both experienced and novice users.
The Meepo electric skateboard has an outstanding load capacity of 300 pounds and its other features are more than capable of maintaining the same top speeds at higher weights as well.
We were quite impressed with the excellent capabilities of the MEEPO V3 skateboard. It is a cost-effective option for people needing a powerful choice with excellent maximum speed and natural durability.
What Determines the Top Speed of Electric Skateboards?
If you are interested in buying the fastest electric skateboard that reaches above the top speed of 25 mph, you need to know about the design aspects that decide their top speeds.
The following five factors have the greatest impact on the top speed of any electric skateboard in the market.
1. Rider Weight
An important factor for any electric skateboard is the rider’s weight. Unlike other motorized devices and vehicles, electric skateboards can’t pack a lot of power because of their compact design and other restrictions. Therefore, the weight of the rider can play a significant role in determining its performance.
There are various powerful electric skateboards available in the market that cater to heavier users. These electric skateboards have the power to reach high speeds and sustain extended loads.
However, you’ll need to compromise on the range or be ready to spend some money.
We have extensively covered electric skateboards for heavier users with enough motor power and structural integrity, please check out this article if you are interested.
2. Motor Power
The power rating of the motor has a direct impact on numerous performance features including the top speed and range. The more powerful your motor is, the more speed you’ll be able to achieve.
You might have the most powerful motor and be at the optimum weight level. However, you won’t be able to achieve higher speeds on uneven terrain.
Offroading requires a lot of power, and you’ll notice a significant difference between the performance of your skateboard on carpeted roads and other terrains.
4. Board Features
The fastest electric skateboards have more than a powerful motor. They are designed to withstand sudden acceleration and can help you balance yourself in the most awkward position. Moreover, you’ll notice that fast electric skateboards also come with powerful regenerative braking systems to ensure safety.
Similarly, other important features like the suspension systems, wheel size, and COG (center of gravity) have a direct or indirect impact on the top speed and other performance parameters of your electric skateboard.
5. Your Expertise
Your skills and ability also have an important role in the performance of your electric skateboard. You can have the best skateboard with the most powerful motor, but if you cant maneuver it efficiently, you won’t be able to achieve top speeds.
After analyzing all the available electric skateboards in the market, we believe that the MEEPO V3 is the best option among electric boards that can reach above the top speed of 25 mph.
Apart from its exceptional top speed and other features, one thing that stands out is the focus on acceleration.
Many skateboards in the market are even faster than the MEEPO, but it’s quite difficult to find an option that can beat its acceleration. So, you won’t need to cover huge distances before reaching the top speed.
Couple that with all other features, Meepo becomes an excellent choice for both casual and serious users that prefer higher speeds.
Beginners need to know as much as possible about electric skateboards before purchasing one. As stated before, speed is not the only factor that must be considered.
If you are a beginner, we recommend going through this beginner guide and this article on important safety considerations.
More Recommended Ebikes
Check out these other ebikes I've reviewed:
- Urban Arrow Ebike – Last year, I made one of the largest purchases I’ve ever made – I bought a $9,000 electric cargo bike from Urban Arrow. In my Urban Arrow review, I will discuss what it is and why I decided to buy this bike, as well as discuss how impactful a bike like this can be on your journey to financial independence.
- Troxus Explorer Step-Thru Ebike – The Troxus Explorer Step-Thru is a fat-tire ebike that I’ve had the pleasure of riding for a while now. It has amazing power, great looks, and awesome range. If you’re looking for a great fat-tire ebike that offers a lot for the price, the Troxus Explorer Step-Thru is definitely one for you to consider. Check out my Troxus Explorer Step-Thru Review.
- Hovsco HovBeta Ebike – The HovBeta is a folding ebike with great specs and a lot of interesting features, and importantly, it’s sold at a good price point. I’ve had a blast commuting with it and using it to do deliveries with DoorDash, Uber Eats, and Grubhub. Check out my Hovsco HovBeta Ebike Review.
- Vanpowers Manidae Ebike – The Vanpowers Manidae is a fat tire ebike that I’ve been riding as my primary winter commuting bike and have also been using it to do food delivery with apps like DoorDash, Uber Eats, and Grubhub. After clocking in a decent number of miles with this ebike, I wanted to write a post sharing what my experience with the Vanpowers Manidae ebike has been like. Check out my Vanpowers Manidae Review.
- Sohamo S3 Step-Thru Folding EBike Review – A Great Value Folding Ebike – The Sohamo S3 Step-Thru Folding Ebike is an entry-level folding ebike that offers a lot of value for the price point. I’ve been riding the Sohamo S3 for a while now, putting the bike through its paces, and I have to say, this bike has exceeded all of my expectations. Check out my Sohamo Review.
- KBO Flip Ebike – The KBO Flip is an excellent bike. I’ve had a great time riding it and think it’s a versatile bike that can be used for a lot of purposes and can fit a variety of lifestyles. It’s worked out great for me as a general commuter bike and as a food delivery bike. Check out my KBO Flip Review.
- Hiboy P7 Commuter Ebike – The Hiboy P7 is an excellent electric commuter bike that’s offered at an affordable price point. The range and speed of this bike are both very good, so you won’t have any trouble getting anywhere you need to go with it. As a food delivery vehicle, this is also good – with how much range it offers, you’ll be able to work all day on a single charge. Check out my Hiboy P7 Commuter Electric Bike Review.
- Himiway Escape Ebike – The Himiway Escape is an interesting bike for anyone looking for a moped-style ebike. If you’re a gig economy worker, the Himiway Escape is particularly interesting and it’s possible to think of it as an investment, especially if you can opt to do deliveries with the Himiway versus using a car. It’s not cheap, but you can definitely make your money back when you compare the mileage you’ll put on your car versus using an ebike. Check out my Himiway Escape Bike Review.
- Espin Sport Ebike – The Espin Sport is a good ebike for someone who is looking for an ebike that feels and rides more like a regular bike. There are many ebikes that are really only bikes in name. In reality, they’re basically electric mopeds. The Espin Sport, by contrast, is a bike you could probably ride without the battery and you’d feel like you’re just riding a regular bike. Check out my Espin Sport Review.
More Recommended Scooters
Check out these other scooters I've reviewed:
- Varla Eagle One Scooter – The Varla Eagle One is an excellent scooter that can make sense for a lot of people. It can work as a primary mode of transportation. You can use it to work on gig economy apps like DoorDash, Uber Eats, and Grubhub. And it can also be a recreational vehicle if you’d prefer to use it for that. Check out my Varla Eagle One Review.
- Varla Falcon Scooter – The Varla Falcon is an excellent scooter that offers a good amount of power at a lower price point compared to more powerful scooters. It’s not exactly an entry-level scooter, nor is it a high-powered scooter. I think it fits somewhere in-between those two categories – an intermediate scooter if I had to give it a category. Check out my Varla Falcon Review.
- Hiboy S2 Scooter – The Hiboy S2 is an excellent entry-level commuter scooter that's perfect for someone looking to save some money in transportation costs and improve their commute. Check out my Hiboy S2 Review.
- Hiboy S2R Scooter – The Hiboy S2R is one of the more interesting electric scooters I’ve been able to test out. It’s not a high-powered scooter, but for an everyday transport option, it’s very useful, especially given some of the unique features that it has. Indeed, for the price, the Hiboy S2R might be the best value scooter I’ve used. Check out my Hiboy S2R Review.
- GoTrax G5 Scooter – The GoTrax G5 Electric Scooter is a new commuter scooter from GoTrax that I’ve been riding for a while now. It’s a scooter that’s well-built, has a good top speed, and offers a lot of great features. And with a price point in the $500 range, it’s a scooter that offers a lot of value for the money too. Check out my GoTrax G5 Review.
- Sisigad Arrow Max Scooter – When it comes to scooters, you sometimes just need a solid, well-built, decently fast scooter to get you around. The Sisigad Arrow Max is an entry-level scooter that does exactly that. I’ve been riding it around a bunch lately – and so far – I find it to be a fun, affordable scooter that works well for commuting and getting around the city. Check out my Sisigad Arrow Max Review.
- Fucare H3 Scooter – The Fucare H3 is a fun scooter and I’ve enjoyed testing it out. For a daily commuter or quick trips or errands, the Fucare H3 is probably the scooter I’ll use. It’s portable and easy to maneuver, so it’s just easier to take on the road when I need it. Check out my Fucare H3 Scooter Review.